And guess what - no nap during the day.
Well, I take that back. There was a good stretch of time where I was semi-conscious on the couch. I thought I wasn't napping because I was listening to what was going on around me. And yet I was on the couch with my eyes closed in a stupor. I wouldn't call it a nap as it did absolutely nothing for me.
You would think that such a night combined with a napless day would render us doomed to have any sort of fun on this beautiful Saturday. But you're wrong. We had a great day. We fixed Benjamin up in his carrier and went on a walk - about 1mile - 1 1/2 mile round trip, I'd say. We stopped at a playground at a nearby elementary school and played there for a bit on the swings and slides. Benjamin just giggled and giggled as his daddy swung with him. It was so cute!
I have some pictures, of course!
Getting ready to go! Me and Ben.

He was excited to get going!

Swinging!

It was a lot of fun and we didn't die of a heat stroke! Huge plus!

Daddy took his turn wearing Benjamin and they had fun.

This is probably my favorite shot of the day.

Getting ready to go back home.

All in all, great outing!

I would have taken more pictures but my mom called and so we talked a bit (meaning, all the way back to the house).
I can't think of anything else that really happened. I just made a casserole for our pregnant friend from church. She is having a rough pregnancy this time around so I figured I'd send something home with her. She has an 11 month old son. She has her hands full, and she's been very sick and tired. I thought I was going to ruin the casserole but Carl says it is even better than the one I made the first time! Good thing I set some aside for lunch tomorrow!
One last thing. The picture of the Barn on my left column. Project 365. Check it out daily. I'll post one new picture a day! This should be a fun project.
Good night!







Oh my, that drives me nuts. I wonder if (for you) it's hormones. Littlest is now (almost)2 and it seemed like I would go through that every so often when he was between 5-18 months. I either couldn't sleep or I would wake up at 2AM ready to roll, only to be exhausted by 6AM. Oy!
ReplyDelete