Well, I'm not just grumpy because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I had no trouble getting up this morning. I have come to the conclusion, and this should have been obvious to me, that I am stressed. I wish I could tell you all the things that are bogging me down, but a lot has to do with family issues, which I'm not going to disclose here. I feel worried and burdened. I feel worried and burdened about financial things. I don't like complaining because I know there are so many other people in the world and even nation who are worse off than we are. But it is scary to realize that if something major happened in our life, say a bad wreck or our car broke down and was irreparable, that's it. I wish we could save money but there is no way we can put aside anything and still be able to pay bills or buy groceries and other necessities. We don't eat out a lot, we don't buy stuff we don't need, we don't go grocery shopping every week even. I think it has been about 2 weeks since we have gone shopping, actually.
But we're not needing anything right now, either. Maybe the other week when we drove forever to find a doctor to go to that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg since we don't have insurance. We didn't find one, by the way, but we're 99.9% well again. We try so hard to make the best of our situation but there are just times when I feel stressed and worried and wish there was some way to ease the burden.
I feel so stressed because while I was sick, the house didn't get cleaned like it should have, and it has taken me a while to get caught up. I am still not caught up, and it is only getting messier and messier. I am trying so hard. But I feel like everything I do is completely undone in the following 15 minutes and it is frustrating. I am not one who is very good at cleaning in the first place, and whenever the tornado follows around behind me and makes every place look like a disaster area before I can even get out of the room, I'm so discouraged from cleaning.
I am so tired of being stressed out about these things.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30
When I thought of that verse, I felt more at peace than I have all day.

I woke up with a pillow under my head and covers keeping me warm, and I am blessed.
My husband and child also woke up this morning, and I am blessed.
The dishes in the sink let me know we have plenty of food, and I am blessed.
All of the toys that are continuously strewn all over the floor in the family room shows me that my son and his friend have been having fun playing today, and I am blessed.
There are so many things out of place in my house that show me we are well provided for, and I am blessed.
We have a roof over our head, and I am blessed.
We have a car in our driveway, and I am blessed.
I have a husband who loves me and a child who adores me, and I am blessed.

I have a God who has promised to take care of me {Matthew 6:33}, and I am blessed.

I want to thank all who participated in the study this week, and wanted to remind you all that it is never too late to join in. Next week, we will be looking at Proverbs 31:11, and I can't wait. I feel very blessed to have so many wonderful friends who desire to study God's word as well.
I started this entry feeling stressed and upset, and now I feel at peace and blessed beyond measure. I hope you feel the same.







Financial stress rears its ugly head from time to time. It's the worst!! I'm so sorry! All I can say is that when I'm feeling more than I can take, I release it to God, and feel better. ;) (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteI could have written this post myself today!
ReplyDeleteAnd I wanted to thank you for the verses! I wrote them down and will read them today when I feel down!
You're very welcome! I felt better after reading them as well!
ReplyDeleteIt is the worst! If only the world didn't seem to revolve so much around it!
ReplyDeleteThanks though, I definitely need that release! and that hug! :D
I'm glad posting made you feel better! God is awesome like that.
ReplyDeleteMoney stinks. Having no money stinks too. Sometimes I get really stressed about it but have tried to learn to just give it over to God and know He will provide when it's needed.
Appreciated all those blessings counted, they are good reminders!
love you dear.
So sorry you are stressed! I've been there (more than I'd like to admit) and it really is important to put everything into perspective and realized how blessed we truly are. Y'all are in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand all those feelings! Thank you for sharing this today. It was such a blessing!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for this, Kristen! I think all of us have these days. Just the other day I was so grumpy and grouchy for seemingly no apparent reason...it's so easy for us to forget the good things! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing your heart on this Kristen! It was a reminder that I needed those verses that you shared. We serve such an amazing God ad we truly are blessed!
ReplyDeleteI don't know many [or, rather, any =/] actual Bible verses, but my favourite all time prayer I learned in Alanon - "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." I actually have a small credit-card-sized cardstock card in my wallet with that prayer on it, and a key chain [though I haven't used that key ring in a long time] just to remind me of that because I overstress really easily.
ReplyDeleteSorry you've been so bogged down. :( Glad y'all are feeling better, though! And all of the illness has finally seemed to pass. And that you were able to use Biblical verses to help remind you of the good things, but, even with all the great things going for you, you /are/ allowed to feel stressed. It's not selfish or anything. Keeping up with the house will fall into place when it needs to, and a messy house isn't the worst thing in the world. :)
Thinking of you and your family.
--Paige
I'm sorry you are feeling this way today. The worries about the things in our life can definitely bring us down sometimes. Sending you a prayer.
ReplyDeleteLast night I spoke at an area youth rally, and my topic was "ENOUGH." The idea is that God doesn't promise us everything we want, be He promises us enough to get by. He promises us what we need.
ReplyDeleteIt can be so hard to remember that! I struggle with it sometimes, too... and I bet everyone does. He point-blank tells us that our lives are more than the food we eat and the clothes we wear (Matt 6:25). That's so comforting to remember.