
We are going to be looking at Proverbs 31:20 for our study this week. I am so glad those of you who are joining have decided to join, especially for those of you who keep coming back - I appreciate that! For all newcomers, I am SO glad you decided to pop over and I really hope you benefit from this study! I know it has been such a blessing to me. Not only have I learned a lot and learned what I need to change in myself, I have met a lot of new friends this way! I encourage you all to visit each other if possible!
---------
This verse alone provokes so many thoughts for me! First of all, what a compassionate woman! She stretches out her hands to those who are less fortunate, who are in need, who really need her help! It doesn't say that they ask for it, perhaps they do, or perhaps she does it on her own accord because that's what a compassionate woman does!
It also made me think of this verse:
A virtuous woman seems to fit this bill as well. It makes me wonder how many people out there have been in need and yet I haven't been willing to stretch out my hand to them for whatever reason. I need to be more aware of the people around me and be willing and eager to help them.
If you are faced with the opportunity to help someone - whether it be by giving them a hot meal, a ride to wherever they are going, carrying their groceries for them, or even holding the door for someone going into a place after you, better yet, before you! - do you take those opportunities? Do you look for those opportunities? I think about Christ, who wasn't the richest man by far, and yet He still reached His own hand out to others. He even washed His disciples feet!
My lovely friend Stephanie has a blog that I thought about here as well, The 100 Days of Kindness Project. I love the idea of going out of your way to do something kind for someone - but how often do I live that idea?
I have come to realize this: there is always someone in need. There will always be someone in need. And if I want to be that virtuous woman, I need to be eager to stretch out my hand to those in need!
I am eager to hear your thoughts on this verse! I really enjoyed it - and I look forward to reading your comments or your posts! What a great thought to start out the week, right? Maybe this week we should make it a goal to look for those opportunities to help!







There is always so much we can do--- and it might cost us nothing but our time-- but it could mean the world to someone! I know how much a hug and smile, or a sweet e-mail, means to me. And if it dose cost us money-- God has blessed us with sooooo much! I love Steph's idea, too! God gives us ways to help those around us daily. I am so thankful to be so connected with friends!
ReplyDeleteGreat reminder. I have totally been convicted of this as I have been reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. Amazing.
ReplyDeleteI really like this verse.
ReplyDeletehttp://haasfamilyblessings.blogspot.com/2010/06/far-above-rubies-proverbs-3120.html
ReplyDelete