You're about to see a lot of pictures. A lot of pictures that I have been saving and saving and saving for blog posts, but haven't been able to post because of the new... you know what and because our internet had been down a while. So you're about to be bombarded with Benjamin. I apologize if it slows down your day. I do not apologize for the onslaught of CUTE that is about to happen.
We've been busy lately. I am sure that goes without saying. But besides all the "grown-up" stuff we've been doing, Benjamin has been doing a lot as well. I figured it was about time I told you all what Benjamin's been up to, so you don't have to wait till the 19th when Benjamin turns 17 months old {gasp!}.
You're welcome.
Anyway...
Curiouser and Curiouser...

Benjamin is always finding new things to explore. He loves going outside. He loves going outside barefooted. I happily oblige because of his eczema, which is worse around his ankles. {I'll let you in on our eczema story soon!}. This particular day Benjamin found a pecan in the yard {we have 5 pecan trees}. That was very exciting.




Climbing to new Heights...
Benjamin has been climbing on everything. For a while there he was not really a climber at all. I was really thankful for this because we were able to keep his crib mattress at the highest setting and not worry about him climbing out! But now that he is constantly climbing on things, we had to let his mattress down all the way. He's started climbing on chairs, sofas, toilets, his big stroller, boxes, and tables. He is a wild man!


Babbling Boy
Benjamin is always babbling. He is always talking about something and using BIG gestures! He has been really cute lately as he will squat down and whisper to us frequently. While we don't understand most of what he says, he does say a few things that we do understand, even if it isn't plain English. We know what he means... or at least we think we do..
.babaw = papaw
.cuhcuh = cracker
.dada
.baba = mama {we think!}
.baw = ball
.coocoos = Blues Clues
.babo = Bible
.aaaaga/aaaada! = amen!
.uh-uh = no
.mhm = yes
He also signs for "more" at random times, though he knows what it means. He knows a few animal sounds too, such as dog, monkey, snake, cow, and bird.

He's a Charmer.
Benjamin knows how to work a crowd! He is such a ham, always. He's very affectionate too. He loves giving kisses {to EVERYthing!!} and is very sweet to blow a kiss too, if you're lucky! He acts bashful a lot which everyone thinks is so cute {hence why he acts that way}. He really is a crowd pleaser. He knows what people think is cute!


Every day brings new excitement!
We have been so blessed with this precious boy! I am enjoying this summer already. We go on walks every morning right after we wake up to enjoy the peaceful, cool mornings. Benjamin likes to look at all the things around us and sometimes points out things like balls and dogs. There is always something new to explore and always something exciting to do. I never thought being a parent could come with so many rewarding moments.


{Baptizing a dandelion... of course!}







Loved all the pictures! He is absolutely precious!
ReplyDeleteI want to know what happened to your car! :)
I just found your blog a month or so ago. I don't think I've introduced myself yet. I can't remember! I'm Jenny and I'm a young wife and momma too (I'm 21) and I'm also a Christian. I was so excited to find your blog, most of the blogging mommas I know are a bit older than me. Your little boy is adorable and I look forward to reading your future posts! Feel free to check out my blog.
ReplyDeleteThat last photo made me smile about him baptizing the dandelion. :) Love the pics of him and I'm sure he's doing so much!
ReplyDeleteI am officially IN LOVE with that little boy. hehe
ReplyDeleteThank you, Christina! We are too :) He's easy to love, ha!
ReplyDeleteYeah I wonder where he gets the baptizing from... ;)
ReplyDeleteJenny thanks so much for stopping by and introducing yourself! I am so glad you did! It's really nice to know someone the same age whose doing the same things as well. I will definitely go check out your blog!
ReplyDeleteReeaalllyyyy??? hehehe I'll fill you in girl!
ReplyDeleteHis expressions are so darn cute and you can just see his little mind whirring away and learning.
ReplyDelete