7.28.2008

greetings-

I don't think I have ever blogged on blogspot... but I figured why not? I've tried every other blogging engine, and to be honest most of them annoy me. I can't get into livejournal, and xanga is frustrating for me as well. Blogspot seemed the place to go, as I have seen quite a few lately and really was impressed. So here I am, baking at my computer (and I don't mean cookies... I mean, the sun is coming in the window and it is burning me up), trying to get something down that might be worthwhile to sit and read.

I guess I want a way to sit down and record different things happening... I mean, this is my first pregnancy, and I already suffer from placenta brains. I forget everything. I'm not one to sit down and hand-write in a journal. I'm more of a clickity-clack kind of gal.

Anyway... all day today (well, since I got home from lunch), I have been watching or listening to the news. I've tried and tried to keep up with politics, I have my opinions on different subjects, but most things go over my head and I don't have the patience to sit down and figure it all out. What really keeps me going back to the tv is the Caylee Anthony investigation. I don't know what it is about these sad stories about young children that keep me coming back... I mean, it isn't like I enjoy hearing about it. I am just really interested to see how things are unfolding. It's been a terrible story so far... so many lies! The grandmother of the missing two-year-old says that Casey (the mother) has been putting Caylee first this whole time... Um, really? Because I'm sure if my daughter were missing and I really wanted to put Caylee first, instead of saying "I'll help you, but first let me out of jail", I'd say, "Here is everything I know, please get my daughter back!" If in fact the poor thing still is alive. I have my doubts. At any rate, I'm trying to keep up with that sad story.

With me, though, the news is less nausea and more energy! I love that I am in the second trimester, and being able to do more and eat more has been great! I still cannot eat chicken nuggets for some reason, and same with BBQ sauce. Not really sure what it is about the two, but they just make me feel sick. This week has already started off me feeling weird, but only because I'm not used to not having appointments during the week. Since we got back to Georgia, I have had at least one, and sometimes more. My nearest appointment is August 14th, when I go back to the doctor, and until then, I am free from all that! It's kind of nice! Next week, mom and I are dropping Carl off in Thomson on our way to Walterboro to visit grandparents. I'm very excited, as I haven't seen them since the wedding, which has almost been a year! Not too much longer!

Ohkay, I really am roasting now, so I'm going to have to stray away from the computer until the sun isn't in such a position to come so forcefully into the window.

- Kristen
blog comments powered by Disqus