And we're back.
So, besides that pleasant (and humbling!) surprise, my day was not uneventful. That isn't to say that I had a hugely exciting day. However, today we unfortunately found out that Benjamin is allergic to Gerber's Zesty Tomato Crunchies. I gave him a few as a snack, and not too long after that I brought him back to his room for a diaper change and noticed he was scratching like crazy on his chest (well, he always scratches his chest - but this was worse - I saw hives.) and before my eyes his chest, neck, chin, and face turned beet red with little hives. Thankfully, our last visit to the doctor (besides a Well-Baby Checkup) gave us a scrip for allergy medicine (when we found out he is possibly allergic to purple grapes), so we gave that to him and rubbed on some Cortizone cream. Poor Ben kept rubbing his eyes and making them red, so we put socks on his hands.
To give you an idea of the hives. . .
Isn't that just pitiful? If the hives hadn't gone down in two hours, I'd have taken him to the E.R.
He definitely wasn't acting himself. Normally he would just roll around on the bed, trying to escape, but this time, all he wanted to do was scratch.
Daddy got him to smile, though. You can see his third tooth, too! How 'bout that? Anyway, we got rid of the hives and Benjamin is his usual self now. And that was the excitement of our day.
And it's the weekend! What does ours have in store for us? Well, tomorrow I am getting my hair cut (finally - much over due!), and my Mother-in-Law and Brother-in-Law are meeting us in Warner Robins for Lunch. Then we're all coming back here to hang out for a while, and then Preston has to go back to college. Sunday is the usual: hubby preaches, I do Ben's Bible Class.
So, what's in store for your weekend?
OMG! Poor little guy. At least you have an idea of what caused it so you can avoid that. Hope he feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteOh wow...poor little thing...that is definately a blessing that you had that medicine! Praying he feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteOh, poor little sweetie! He looks so pitiful! Glad you had that medicine already. Hope he gets 100% back to normal soon!
ReplyDeleteThe weekend for me includes: laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning the church, cooking (dinner at church tomorrow and bro-in-laws birthday supper tomorrow night). I'm babysitting a 9 year old all weekend, so that will keep my hands full! :) And then the normal Sunday stuff: church, playing the organ, afternoon naps, etc.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Kelly
Poor little guy! So sad and yet he still looked super cute with all the redness!
ReplyDeleteJust stopping by from Lynnette's blog....nice to meet your family! :)
ReplyDeletePoor sweet boy! My heart goes out to him - and you! Praying there's no hospital visit in your future.
ReplyDeleteMany blessings,
Allison
OH my goodness! Those hives don't look very pleasant at all! Poor thing! I'm glad he's doing better!
ReplyDeleteLove his little heart. My Zachy has eczema and when he breaks out you can't help but feel sorry for him.
ReplyDeleteHello - just popping over from Lynette's blog...to say hello! And what a cutie Mr. Benjamin is - and those hives photos are so pitiful!! So glad they cleared up ok...what a trooper - even smiled for his daddy!!
ReplyDeleteI just came over from Lynettes blog!
ReplyDeleteBless his heart.....how scary for Mom to see!
I pray he's feeling better now!
Warmly,
Georgiann from The Garden Gate
Oh my! Poor sweet Benjamin! I hope he is all better now.
ReplyDelete