There are a lot of things that I have learned over the past year or so... especially while living in Memphis. I can't begin to explain how many changes I went through in such a little time. I graduated in May, got married in August, and moved away to Memphis. Just like that. And, I guess like probably everyone who's ever experienced combining your life with someone else's, 'til death, it comes with it's own set of worries and stresses... and there comes a time when you finally realize that no, you're not going to be able to do it by yourself. You are completely helpless alone, because you do not control your own life. Don't even try to. You can't do it. Life is too big a task for you to think you can handle it all on your own.
I learned very quickly that I couldn't get by if I didn't place all my trust in God. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. Sometimes it takes the possibility of having just escaped certain death, or at least injuries of you, and the one person you love above all others on the earth, to convince you.
For me, it was when Carl and I were driving to Arkansas one Sunday morning and we hydroplaned across the median. I had been asleep, and woke to find grass flying everywhere and Carl's arm across me. We didn't flip. We landed facing the opposite direction on the shoulder of the other lane. And maybe 15 seconds later, a semi drove past us.
Before we had gotten on the road, in the McDonald's parking lot, we prayed for safe travel as we always did on Sunday mornings. And I called my mom once I had calmed down, and it turned out they had also almost encountered an accident, a head-on colision, and that mom had prayed for us as well. Yes, God answers prayers.
And He's answered another one. Carl landed the job in Fort Valley! It's what we'd both been praying for. And deep down I knew that we would get the job. I was so confident we would. Because we needed one so desperately, with this baby on the way. God continues to care for us, and for that, I am SO thankful!
So really, I said all of that to announce that we finally got a job, and we're very excited about it! We don't know when we start, but we understand that things like that-- all the technical stuff-- takes time. So until then, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the time I have with my family, and start looking into OB/GYNs in the Fort Valley area... and start thinking about maternity insurance, because I don't think Medicaid will cover me after this... but, again, God will provide for us and take care of us, I have no doubt!
A quick, very shameless plug, and I'll be done: http://www.babyhomepages.net/carlandkristensfamily/index.php.
Love,
Kristen
How are you really?
4 months ago