Benjamin is very excited about the holidays. We are very excited to be seeing a lot of family this coming weekend and Benjamin has enjoyed the extra crafts that we've been doing and also the extra baking and treats. He has also enjoyed handing out little presents to friends and getting into the spirit of giving. This will be our first year that we have really been able to get into everything with Benjamin because he's finally at the age where he can get really excited and talk about it more. And for those of you who might be wondering, we do pretend about Santa Claus. However, we make sure to remind Benjamin that he is just pretend. And we see no harm in that! Benjamin enjoys the Santa Claus game and so do we. (:
Other than that, we had a lovely visit to the Medical Center on Saturday Morning... for me, not Benjamin. Friday night I got hardly any sleep. I had severe ear pain that would not go away no matter how much medicine I took (and I'm not really one to take medicine unless I need it). I finally dozed off around 6AM on Saturday morning and around 9 I got up and told Carl that I needed to go to the doctor (also something I never do)... really long story later, ear irrigation hurts like crazy and I have an ear infection.
Bam, said the lady.
So here's hoping that it gets all cleared up come Christmas time so that I don't have to be on my pain meds around family. Embarrassing.
Anyway! That's what's been going on! I figured I'd take a little time out to share with you. We're going to be traveling for Christmas, so keep us in your prayers - and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with those around you!



Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! I love the pictures of Benjamin - he's growing up so fast and he's so handsome! :)
ReplyDeleteso sorry to hear of your earache, kristen. i will pray that it will heal SOON! loved seeing pics of benjamin....too ca-ute. :) merry christmas to y'all!
ReplyDeleteoh no! please get better soon, girl!
ReplyDeleteyour tree looks beautiful. i love the pictures of benjamin. what a cutie!
i love that y'all still play santa. i think it's cute, even though he knows about him not being real.
merry christmas!
southernpinky.blogspot.com
p.s. thank you for your comments! i really appreciate them alot. and you finally cleared up what it's called when it's raining and the sun is shining for us all!! thank you and thank you!(: two people said that their grandma's call it the devil is beating his wife?! (i didn't know the devil even had a wife??!)
thank you for saying you loved my grandkid's christmas post, you're very sweet.(:
Thanks girl! I am feeling a little better. Merry Christmas to you too!
ReplyDeleteBtw, I have never ever heard of the 'devil beating his wife' explanation! But I'd always heard it sunshowers! I could be wrong though! ha!
thank you!! merry Christmas to you, too! Btw, I got your email about the singing! We need to post it up on the board soon. I'll get Carl to do that today if he can! Thanks for thinking of us!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kelly! Time flies, doesn't it? I know you know girl! Merry Christmas to y'all!
ReplyDelete