4.09.2010

2010 Ultimate Blog Party!!

I am so thankful for something to take my mind off of my little pity party for being so very sick and for having to ask my Mother-in-Law to meet my parents on Saturday so they can take care of Benjamin next week while we continue to recover from this evil sickness. Today has been a very difficult day and I can't tell you how ready I am to have Benjamin back, and how sad I am that we won't be seeing him on Sunday like we had originally planned.

Yay for Blog Parties!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

I have always wanted to do a vlog like Kelly did for her blog party post, but unfortunately you won't be able to understand me for very long as my throat is out of commission at the moment.

However, I will go ahead and tell you more about myself!

I am first and foremost a Christian. My Christianity is the hub of my wagon wheel, and the other aspects of my life are the spokes. No aspect is untouched or unaffected by my Christianity.

I am 21 years old and I am wife to a fantastic gospel preacher, and mother to a sweet almost 15-month-old boy who has inspired my blogging right down to the title. My husband and I have been married for two and a half years, and we will celebrate our third anniversary on August 11th. He preaches for the Fort Valley church of Christ, and I am so proud of him because he is a great speaker! I am so thankful for him because he helps me along my journey as a Christian. My husband also blogs, and I am pretty sure you should check that out and be blessed!



My baby, Benjamin, has been such a blessing and gift from God. We are learning so much about parenting and what God expects from us because of him. He has also inspired me to write a book, which I only just began this very week, on the subject of being a godly mother.



I've been blogging since July 2008 when I was 3 months pregnant. I mostly blog about family life, but I do occasionally do spiritual blog posts and the like. As for other hobbies, I love to sew, which is a newfound love. I also love to bake, namely cupcakes, and I do not love to cook. I also do not love to clean. The two are merely necessary evils, in my eyes. I am so blessed to have a husband who actually enjoys cooking, and does often for the family. {Wouldn't it be nice if he also enjoyed folding laundry? ha! I am very grateful for everything he does for me.} I also crochet some, and I do enjoy doing other crafty things.

As for prizes, I gotta say these are the ones that jumped out at me:

18 – Goodie Basket for Mom, includes health and beauty items for mom and kids. $5 gift card to Wal-Mart, Softlips Pomegranate Lip Balm, Moments for Mothers, Thoughtful Reflections to Warm Her Heart book by Robert Strand, 20 Sheets of Glossy Photo Paper, EcoTools earth-friendly beauty Intensive Hand Cream, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Workout DVD, Peaceful Waters Relaxation DVD, Tantric Toning Workout DVD with Stephanie de Phillipo, Magnetic Babysitter Checklist, The Flavor Point Diet book by Dr. David L. Katz, Photo Album that holds 80 photos and a Beautiful decorative Wood Chip Basket. Estimated retail value of prize $50.
Provided by: Healthy Moms – The Number One Health Blog for Moms
Follow here: cltalbert or Visit Our Fan Page: Healthy Moms

32 – $25 Target Gift Card!
Provided by: The Frugal Novice
Follow here: Frugal Novice or Visit Our Fan Page: Frugal Novice

Of course, I'd be happy winning any, and I'd list more but I feel another bout of headache coming on. We just heard from my Mother-in-Law and Benjamin is doing well and is happy... so that makes me feel better. It's just really hard being away from him! So y'all please keep us in your prayers so we can recover quickly and get our baby boy back as soon as possible!

Hi to any new friends - I really look forward to getting to know you better!

post signature

37 comments:

  1. Hi! Following you from the blog party:-)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog party!

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Andrea! It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon and I'm glad Benjamin is doing well while he's with your inlaws. Happy partying, my sweet friend! PS. Love the just married photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Kristen,
    I hope you are feeling better soon. Rest is essential. I'm breezing through many of the bloggers at The Ultimate Blogging Party. I live on Maui and love to share pictures and stories of Hawaii plus cooking, gardening and art.
    Please follow me and visit my fanpage on facebook, Amaryllis of Hawaii.. I also am offering beautiful prizes at the party and for those who comment have chance to win a prize also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. delighted to meet you through UBP10 -- I'm not too into cooking and cleaning either - but I guess they are "necessary evils" - I enjoy crocheting too :D Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks blueviolet! That's one of my favorite wedding day pix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Marilyn! I will definitely have to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Carma! It's nice to meet you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm gonna do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great to meet you! I am a young Christian wife, and soon to be mom of a little boy! I would love to connect and swap tips on raising our young families !
    adamandtatum.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay! can't wait to read your party post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful! I am so glad to meet you! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for stopping by! It's great to meet you and boy oh boy is Benjamin adorable! I hope you feel better soon and have a great UBP!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! It's so nice to see another normal, mature young mama in the blog world! I'm 23 :) Your baby boy is just precious. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. who likes to clean? I don't know anyone who LIKES to clean! hee hee you are a cutie! Nice to meet you and thanks for the visit today for the UBP

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I am visiting from UBP-Love your site-your son is just precious and I love the picture of you and your hubby with the bears-so cute!!!
    I will def follow you and will be back! Feel free to stop by my site if you have a chance-I am new to blogging (just started in January) and am always looking for great sites and feel like I just found one!!!! http://lifeofjunecleaver.blogspot.com/2010/04/2010-ultimate-blog-party-from-5-minutes.html
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I could like cleaning... oh well! I dunno if it is possible! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by Jessie! I will definitely stop by your site as well! It's nice to meet you and I'm glad you're going to stick around!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing pictures......Love your blog...This is such a fun party and I have already met some of the greatest bloggers... I am sad it is about to end. I am amazed at all the different and creative blogs. Stop by for a visit...just leave a comment on any of the last few posts on either blog and you are eligible for the GRAND PRIZE $100 GIFT BASKET! I am going to draw Friday night.....
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stopping by from the party!
    I love baking, hate cooking! Thankfully, my husband loves cooking, so when he has the time, he helps out!
    Glad to meet another Christian blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! I've visiting from UBP. I love your son's name and he is such a cutie. We have a lot in common. I have a 15 month old son too - Harrison. My husband and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary. We are both 23. I just started a blog a few months ago. I write about everything - decorating, family, faith, becoming green, weight loss, ect.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great blog...want to come back and read more...This is such a fun party and I have already met some of the greatest bloggers... I am sad it is about to end. I am amazed at all the different and creative blogs. Stop by for a visit...just leave a comment on any of the last few posts on either blog and you are eligible for the GRAND PRIZE $100 GIFT BASKET! I am going to draw Friday night.....
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you! That is exciting. I haven't worked on it much lately since I've been sick but hopefully soon I will pick it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It is! Thanks for returning the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks! I am going over now!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for stopping by Amy! We have a lot in common, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is great, Holly! Do you have a link to your blog??

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and deciding to stick around and follow! : ) I can't wait to get to know you better! Your little boy is just precious and you sound delightful! I'm so glad you found me through Kelly's blog! I hope you can join in for "To Love Their Husbands Tuesdays." I would love to have the input of such a wonderful, young, Christian wife and mom! : ) I'm off to check out your husband's blog now! : ) Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!