9.05.2009

mail time, mail time, MAIL TIME!

Somewhere between 2-3PM, the mail truck gets to our house. It's a big to-do for my husband, as he enjoys going and getting it every day. Sometimes, he takes Benjamin with him. This week was a good week for the mail to come, it seems. I don't usually expect much in the mail, but I got a few surprises (funny, because I knew they were coming, just didn't know they would come so soon) a few days this week.

-------

First of all, remember my shrickenchimp from this post?



Well, I had e-mailed the restaurant about their little mishap, and boy am I glad I did! A few days ago I got two $10 gift certificates to the restaurant. A shrickenchimp tender got me $20 total! - Too bad it wasn't cash, hm? Kidding, kidding.

-------

Yesterday, my bridesmaid dress came for my brother's wedding. Well, truthfully, it is my Matron of Honor (I'm a Matron!? Weird!) dress. Tell me what you think (and don't say I need a tan! ha):





I know it isn't a normal Bridesmaid dress. We decided to get something that I could wear more than once. The colors for the wedding are blue and brown. And that isn't black detail on the dress - it's brown. Just so you know. I couldn't tell when looking at the pictures on my computer.

-------

And today, along with the money for my hubby's truck from the student who bought it, we received a nice box of fluffy mail!


There's Ben opening up his diaper package! He was so into it; it was adorable.


Thirsties Duos! I am so excited - I can't wait to try them out tomorrow! I will let you know how I like them, Cloth Diaper Mamas!

We got the diapers from Growing Green Bums, and I recommend to all Cloth Diapering mamas to buy from her! I met Marissa in July when she came up to Georgia and met with me about Moby Wraps and Cloth Diapers. She is so nice, I am telling you! And she was so personal with the order. She messaged me frequently giving me the progress of the order, and even prepped the 12 prefolds I had ordered! She just opened her store last month. Check it out - it's beautiful!

-------

I also got the Baby Curriculum I am going to use for Ben's Cradle Roll class at church.



To Babies With Love, by Palma Smiley. I just cannot wait to use this curriculum. It looks sooo good. I was going to prepare for it this weekend, but I got a call yesterday asking if I'd sub for the Preschool class if another lady wouldn't, so I've been trying to get ready for that instead. I don't know exactly what I'll do with Benjamin during class. I'm afraid he'll be distracting, so I hope the other lady does it. On the other hand, while I was preparing for the class (the lesson is on giving, and I was going to use the Widow's Mite as the story - Luke 21:1-4), I got really excited about it. So, I guess either way, I'll be content.

-------

And that's what came in the mail!

A couple of other things before I close this off. I added a Flickr badge on the right side of the blog. Have a gander if you'd like to see all the other pictures I take of Benjamin that don't make it to the blog.

I used to have a little button for my blog that you could copy and put in your own sidebar. I am thinking of making a new one and putting it up. Would anyone use it?

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend as well - and have a great Lord's Day tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Hello, It is nice to meet you. I too have a baby born in January 2009, a little girl. I love to get mail. Looks like you got lots this week. I hope that is what next weeks mail will look like for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting mail! The cloth diapers look fun and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! My hubby loves to get the mail everyday too! The dress is really cute. I think it's nice to get dresses that you can wear again!

    Hope you had a great Lord's Day and have a wonderful holiday tomorrow!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally use that button...if you made one, that is. I LOVE mail too :) It's so nice to get something besides billz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I love fluffy mail!! I've heard about those new thristies. Hope they work good for you! That's good they gave you a gift cert for that shrimp in the chicken. That could've been potentially bad for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting mail and that looks awesome! :) I am LOVING your new header and button! Too cute! I've been following your blog and I just followed you on twitter. Thanks for stopping by mine! :)

    Looking forward to reading more...

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!