9.28.2009

So Worth It.

There are so many things that I love about being a mommy. I don't mind (most of the time) getting up during the middle of the night to feed him. I don't mind being with him (almost) every waking moment. I don't mind the way he throws bibs all over the floor or unfolds the clothes I just folded and put in the laundry basket. Even though I may complain from time to time that I'm tired, or too busy to have to refold laundry, I really don't mind as much as I may say. I love being a mommy.

I am so blessed to be Benjamin's mommy.



I love combing my fingers through his thick, blonde hair. A lot of pictures depict him so that he looks as if he doesn't have a lot of hair, but he really, really does. I had really blonde hair like him when I was a baby as well, but he definitely got his thick hair from his daddy. It is so soft and fluffy and beautiful. I never want to cut it!



I love how happy and playful he gets at bathtime. He is just so pleasant and excited. Although bathtime is time he gets to spend with daddy, I do pop in to give a little help. Benjamin just loves to splash around and kick in the bathtub, not to mention his Bath Book and his Rubber Ducky.





I love how curious he is. No matter how many times I have to pull him away from something, or tell him, "No!" or pull him out of the kitchen after he has climbed the stairs and escaped, I love his little mind. He doesn't play as much as he explores, and I love to watch him discover something new. It was so exciting Sunday night when he climbed a whole flight of stairs. How many 8 month olds do you know who climb whole flights of stairs without falling? He is such a pro!



I love teaching his Bible Class. Even though he pitches a fit sometimes when I don't allow him to hold everything I take out for it, and even though it is sometimes hard to contain him, it is such a joy to see how excited he gets when he sees his Bible come out of the bag, or when he sees me bring out my bible. That, to me, is success already.



I love his sweet smile, his beautiful, contagious laugh. I love the way he stands up in his crib when he wants out, and how he so quickly goes from crying to laughing if you start up an impromptu game of Peek-A-Boo. I love the way he grins immediately as soon as he hears either of his two favorite songs: "My God is so Great" or "I Love You". I love the way he calms down when he hears his special song, "The Fox" by Nickel Creek, and the way he bobs along to the music when he hears it played. I love the way he "sings" in church services and the way he is so friendly with everyone else, even when he pretends that he's shy.



I love the way his sweet little voice sounds when he says, "Mama!"

It makes everything so worth it.

4 comments:

  1. I am with you, although sometimes I do complain, nothing compares to being a mommy! If I feel this way about one child, how does God feel about all of his children? Ben is so cute! Molly's hair is super blond, like white blond, and people used to think she didn't have hair either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love where you said you didn't want to cut his hair. My sister [now 16] had beautiful curly ringlet hair as a baby and Mom would NOT cut it until she was....three, I think, because it'd gotten too long and because it was longer, the curls had finally uncurled. :S She was so sad. When it was wet, it went down to her butt she let it grow so long! The curls never came back, but it's very wavy again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyday moments! This was so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!