For the past two weeks I have been sick. Sinus infection, most likely. It’s been more than irritating, but that’s just how it goes sometimes. Unfortunately last week was our VBS and I was only able to teach one of the five days. I was laid up in bed the rest of the week. From what I hear, it was a really good week.
Other than that, we’ve been doing our best to beat the heat. I have an app on my phone that describes the weather to me, and lately it’s been falling under the category of ‘extremely hot’. I’m jealous of my hometown, which has been ‘warm’ or just ‘hot’ and sometimes even ‘pleasantly warm’. Seriously? That’s okay, we’ll just sweat to death out here in our ‘extremely hot’ weather. So thankful for indoor air conditioner and that it’s been faithfully keeping us {mostly} cool!We found another way for Benjamin to beat the heat! He and his friend Gabe had a lot of fun last weekend on our new Buzz Lightyear Slip-N-Slide! We actually bought this before camp, but hadn’t been able to get it out until last weekend. I actually got outside for a little bit to take some pictures, even though I was still sick. {I’d gone to the doctor – finally – the day before and got some shots that kick-started the ‘getting well’ stuff"}
I think they did this, non-stop, for about an hour and a half. Needless to say the boys were pretty worn out that night. It was a lot of fun for them! I can’t wait for us to get it out again and have Gabe over again to play. We’ve got to do something to cool down this summer and we are trying to be creative about it, and trying to get outdoors some, too.
I hope you are all keeping cool this summer! Any ideas what we might be able to do to keep Ben busy while not sweating to death in this extreme heat? I’m all ears!
Looks like so much fun! :) It's actually cooler here in the Caribbean...the highest it ever gets is about 95. With a sea breeze constantly included. Never thought I'd say that. hehe :)
ReplyDelete