Back about 14 years ago, when I was back in elementary school, we had a field day. I used to love field days more than any other day of the school year. Seriously, what kid didn’t want to play outside all day at school? Well, this year was ultra special because we all got to make tie-dyed shirts and then we’d all take turns signing each other’s shirts.
How hard can tie-dye be, right? I don’t think I had ever made a tie-dyed shirt before. Anyway, I was super excited about it, but when it came for us to get our finished shirts, I was really, really disappointed.
It looked horrible. It was a very light orange all over, with like little speckles of color here and there. And not in the cute paint splatter way. If you’re picturing it in your mind, and it at all looks cute, I’m not getting the imagery across as well as I mean to. But I seriously don’t know how else to put it besides: really ugly.
No, really. Ugly.
Anyway, that sort of discouraged me from ever trying tie-dye, ever again.
Until last week. Last week, Benjamin and I went out and did some tie-dye of our own. {I was so nervous about how it would turn out, and Carl was like “It’s tie-dye, you can’t mess up tie-dye” and I was like, “Oohhhh yes I can…..” … insert flash-back…}
Well, I am happy to report to you that 3/4 shirts turned out pretty awesome, and the 4th shirt happens to be Benjamin’s favorite, even though I happen to think it was the worst. Unfortunately I don’t have any great pictures of the shirts… but here’s a bit of a glimpse of one:
PS that is also a picture from Benjamin’s first ever movie in the movie theatre! {We saw Brave}