9.20.2010

Rambling On {and on and on and on…}

As most of you know, we have recently made our move. And for those of you who are just joining us or are catching up, here’s the skinny: hubby lost his job, and as our rent + utilities were costing us a pretty penny we decided the best thing for us was to move. It just so happens that I have amazing parents who are willing to take us in for as long as needed {if I could express the amount of gratitude I feel, I would – but there are seriously no words to describe how this makes me feel!}, and so while hubby is searching for a new job, we are with them. The thing is, hubby is about 10 years too young for most places to consider him, or 10 years too inexperienced! I know, we don’t understand it either, and it is very frustrating, especially when you know your husband is the best preacher ever {heehee, preachers wives….}!!

Anyway, so that is where we are now. We are at my parents’, we are praying for an open door {and it would be nice to have your prayers as well!}, and we are staying positive! We are trying to be patient, but as they say, “Patience is a Virtue, Virtue is a Grace, and Grace is a little girl who wouldn’t wash her face!” {um, yeah, whatever that means!}

The weekend so was great though! We got in Friday evening just in time for dinner! Perfect timing, if you ask me! We had spent the morning finishing up our packing and storing and mostly for me cleaning. I vacuumed like 20 times. By the time we were on the road we were exhausted! Two and a half hours later, we were home – at least it is a place we can call home because we are with people we love. Besides, I spent a good nearly 10 years here. In fact, the room we are sleeping in was mine as a teenager. The lime green walls have been painted over, though. Rats!…

Benjamin is adjusting well. He has been sick this weekend but hopefully soon he will be back to normal. He doesn’t let his sickness keep him down. He has been his entertaining, curious, hilarious, loving self. He loves Bailey, the dog, and is always talking about him. It is definitely new to him to be living with a pet and I think he enjoys it. I just hope Bailey doesn’t get tired of him, if you know what I mean!!

Saturday hubby spoke at the congregation here’s youth day. He spoke on Bad Science {i.e. – evolution, carbon dating, etc}, and he did an awesome job if I do say so myself! The other speakers were brother Adam Cozort who used to preach in a town close to where hubby used to preach, and brother Gary Young, who is a preacher from Australia! It was very good to see both again, especially Gary because I hadn’t seen him since like 2006! Anyway, Adam did a lesson called “Walking Among Dinosaurs”, which basically gave evidence that dinosaurs walked alongside man {while so many love to say it was millions of years in between the two – we know that God created EVERYTHING in 6 literal days [Gen 1], and that means that man and dinosaurs were created on the same day – day 6} looking at historical artifacts and also passages in the Bible. Gary’s lesson was about how the Bible historically matches perfectly with our world history, which validates that the Bible is NOT a fairytale that was written so many years after all was said and done. It is just amazing all the evidence out there that confirms that what we have is in fact the Word of God and it can be trusted! It was a very uplifting day!

Yesterday we worshiped with the saints here and Gary had the Bible class hour, which he took talking about the church of Christ in Tasmania and all the work going on there. He also did the sermon, which was about the allegedly “lost” books of the Bible – which is, in his words, gobbledygook. Last night we heard a sermon from Brother Jimmie Hill from the book of Jeremiah chapter two, about how Israel had strayed, and how we can and sometimes do put other things above Christ and God, and how this is idolatry. After services there was a youth devo and my friend Enisha taught the girls class and I must say she did a wonderful job. She is a senior in high school and I was just so impressed! I got to hang out with Amanda and enjoyed that thoroughly! Hopefully I will see her and the other ladies at Monroe on Friday! I also really loved spending time with my friend Madeline who has been one of my best friends since High School! I love her dearly!

So as you can see, we are all getting on pretty well here. We are so blessed with wonderful family and friends and I really am at ease and confidant that we are on the Lord’s timing, not our own! And for now I am going to enjoy where we are and who we are with.

Today we took Gary to lunch at … Outback Steakhouse – isn’t that funny? If you remember, he is the Australian! Ha! When the waitress came up and suggested a “bloomin’ onion” or some “shrimp on the barbie” as appetizers, I think Gary was holding back laughter. Apparently, they do not regularly say “shrimp on the barbie” and they certainly don’t call it “shrimp” – it’s “prawns”. It was a lot of fun just spending time with each other and talking about the differences between the USA and Australia. Hubby and I have been talking about sometime in the future going to Australia for mission work. Who knows!

I hope you all have a beautiful week! I am going to be working on a new design here in honor of the upcoming season change {by the way, the news said today that we are at about 10 degrees higher than the seasonal norm… I cannot believe we are still in the 90’s! that is just WRONG!} – so look out for that!

1 comment:

  1. Great that you are getting along so well! That's one thing I loved about the Creation Museum, was how it showed fact and fiction with the Bible and what the world tells you! Hope Ben feels better!!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!