Jason and Leah White welcomed their sweet baby girl Aspen into the world on Saturday. They were going to be discharged earlier this week but before they did, they found something wrong with Aspen's heart. They discharged Leah and sent Aspen by ambulance to another hospital, where they did a heart cath and found out that Aspen's aorta had not developed. She is looking at a lot of surgeries, possibly starting very soon.
She is looking at 4 or 5 surgeries right away, another when she is 4 or 5, and another when she is a teenager because they are having to construct an aorta for her and will have to modify it as she grows.
Please keep this sweet family in your prayers. Jason, Leah, Oakley, and Aspen. Jason and Leah are members of the church in Memphis, TN, and Leah was one of my teachers when we were up at Memphis School of Preaching. It breaks my heart that they are going through all this emotional stress. If you could take a moment, or a few moments, out of your day just to say a few prayers. Remember them throughout your day.
I'll update when I get more information.
That is just awful! I will definitely add them to my prayers. I could not imagine the shock and stress they are going through right now. Thank you for letting us know so we can say a pray for them.
ReplyDeleteI will pray for them!
ReplyDelete