8.25.2012

Pregnancy Update

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything! I was just looking and the last time I posted was our anniversary, wow! So sorry, friends! Can I just pull the pregnancy card? {Yeah, I’m gonna… I have seven more months to do so!}

While I am very, very thankful to God for the new life growing inside me, which we’ve been praying for for what felt like forever {in retrospect it really wasn’t as long as it felt – but anyone who has been ttc probably knows how long it can feel even after a couple of months!}, this morning sickness – nay, all day every day sickness – has been out of control. I hate to complain about it because a few months ago I’d have given anything just for some sort of symptom of pregnancy, and I know there are women who can’t have babies who would give anything to feel this way if it meant that they could have a child… But seriously you guys. Nobody likes to stay up till midnight puking their guts out… or going and spending money on food you can only keep down for thirty seconds.

I had been on Zofran and still had the nausea and vomiting, so I was thinking “meh, it’s not doing me any good, and the side effects aren’t worth it”… so I stopped taking it for two days and yesterday was one of the worst days… so I’m back on it, and another medication occasionally to keep the side effect in check. If you’re really that morbidly curious, you can google I am sure.

I have been really blessed the past few weeks, not only with how helpful and sympathetic my sweet husband is, and how wonderful he has been about cooking {you wanna see a pregnant Kristen run for the bathroom? make me cook}, and taking care of Benjamin… but my mother-in-law stayed here for a week to help out around the house and with Benjamin, and now my mom is here – has been here since last Tuesday – for twelve days to do the same. It’s been such a help for me and I’ve been able to focus on resting and trying {and mostly failing} to keep food down.

And playing SongPop.

Ahem.

So, anyway, as of yesterday, I am 9 weeks pregnant! Right now, the baby is about the size of a grape, and his/her essential body parts are all accounted for – so now can begin the rapid growth/weight gain! Aw yeah! As of right now, I have lost like 7lbs, thanks to morning sickness, so besides a lovely amount of bloating on occasion, I don’t have much to show for this pregnancy as of yet. I won’t be taking or posting any progression pictures until there is something to show… mainly because I feel so gross that I don’t want to get dressed for them HA. But still, this is what I looked like 9wks along with Benjamin. I thought I was HUGE – but, now that I know more about pregnancy, I know that this little bump was just bloat, ha ha ha. The more you know…

pregnant2months3

Funny little fact? The wristbands I’m wearing in that picture are the same ones I wear round the clock now. Another fun little fact is that the above picture was taken in the hotel room we stayed in before a tryout we had in Louisiana. Just so you know.

And since I’ve neglected you all for so long, I forgot that I didn’t even give you guys the ultrasound pictures from the ultrasound we had two weeks ago! How rude!

552012_553865423228_489285763_n

The number at the side is the heartbeat! I was so relieved to see the baby growing right on time and to hear and see the little heart beating. Really, when you’re in your first trimester, and sometimes even afterward, the thought of miscarrying can be terrifying. I wasn’t expecting to get an ultrasound at our first visit but we were pleasantly surprised and as I said just so relieved to know the baby is doing well!

Please keep me and the little gummybear in your prayers as we continue on. I really, really covet your prayers especially concerning my sickness. I have three more weeks in this trimester and I hope that by the end of it, the sickness will have diminished! Otherwise, I’ll be living off of gatorade, vitamin water, and popcorn!

Anyway… back to looking at baby names! So far we’re only set on middle names, both being family names. Based on{ Ramzi’s Method  } of gender prediction based on the side of implantation {left, according to the ultrasound at 6wks – which you can see above – and remember, it’s mirror image as this was an abdominal ultrasound}, I am predicting that this baby will be a girl. {I personally have been hoping for another boy but I don’t have any say in the matter, ha!} We will know in ten weeks, hopefully.

I hope you all have  been having a good week… or weeks since I’ve been laid up in bed not thinking about blogging, ha!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Morning sickness is awful. I lived on Zofran in both pregnancies (the entire pregnancies), so I feel ya on the bad side effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have any tips at all on combating that... do pass them along! Uggggggggggh!

      Delete
    2. I wish I had some tips, but I don't. It is miserable!

      Delete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!