5.24.2013

Clara, you are two months old!

2months

Wow, little girl! Time really has flown! But at the same time it feels like it’s been really slow as well. I suppose it’s just depending on what kind of day we’ve been having because girl, you sure know how to shake things up! There are some days where you won’t let me put you down for very long at all, and others where you’ll take long naps and let me get stuff done around the house. I don’t know which is my preference, because I do like the cuddles! You’re certainly more cuddly than Benjamin – and I thought he would be the ultra cuddly one.

DSC01981

It’s amazing how much you’ve grown in just a month. You’re holding your head up a lot better now and your sleeping is a lot more predictable. Maybe it’s just that I’m getting more used to your schedule and knowing what your cries mean… either way, we’ve seemed to fall into more of a routine lately. Sleep, wake up, eat, change diaper, play, {fuss}, sleep… and do it all over again! My favorite time is when you’re awake and alert to play! It’s fun watching you discover things – such as this week you’ve begun to discover your hands, and it’s been fun watching you learning how to put your hands to your mouth. I’m sure soon we’ll be fighting little things out of your tiny fists before you stuff them into your mouth! You’ve been smiling and trying to laugh more, and we just think it’s the cutest thing! You like to play with Daddy when he turns on some swing and makes you “dance”. You think it’s funny and you’ll just grin and grin at him as he bounces you around. Maybe someday I’ll get a good video of it.

You are doing better in your car seat than you have been, and you actually cry sometimes when we pull you out of your bouncer! Next we need to work on you liking your swing so you can have fun in that! I’m also super excited that we’ll be getting a little pool for you and Benjamin to play in, so we can see if you like the water as much as he does!

DSC01983

It is so fun to see the different changes in you, Clara Grace! We are so blessed to have you as our daughter! I never thought I’d ever be a mommy to a little girl but I am so thankful that I am, because you are a precious treasure to me! {and your hilarious expressions provide endless entertainment for me – thanks!}

-------

And just for fun, Benjamin at 2 months and Clara at 2 months:

2 months

I know a lot of people have been saying that they look similar and everything, and I guess in some ways they do look similar {same nose for instance}, but looking at these pictures, I think they are completely different. But, maybe that’s just me! At any rate, God has blessed me with some beautiful children, that’s for sure!

blog comments powered by Disqus