8.03.2013

my first hate mail.

Today marks another first in my book.

Today I received my first ever hate mail. It wasn’t actually mailed to me. Instead, it was handed to me. The person who had written the hate mail then stepped back and watched me read it, probably watching my face to gauge my reaction. Although I had been having a pretty blue morning to begin with {I do still have those days as I battle my depression}, I feel like I handled myself okay {although it did still hurt to receive such a note}.

Why, you ask, would I ever receive a piece of hate mail?

Well, because I told Benjamin he could not have a piece of gum.

IMAG1507IMAG1506

Once he handed this note to me, I told him, “Well, that doesn’t seem very nice…” and handed it back to him. He looked at me for a moment before thinking better of his hate mail and crumpled it up, and threw it in the kitchen trash can. A little bit later, he came back into the living room with a fresh piece of paper and told me, “I’m going to write a nice letter now…”

IMAG1508

That made me feel better.

While it really did hurt my heart when it happened {isn’t that strange, how something like that can really make you feel sad, even though you know they don’t really mean it? … motherhood can break your heart sometimes!}, it’s really actually super hilarious and I just had to share.

I’m glad that Benjamin is able to convey his feelings… and impressed that he can spell! But I’m also glad that he knew when he was being ugly and knew he needed to change his attitude.

Just another little glimpse into our life…

944469_590422747665028_117691458_n 1069262_600460816661221_1819208360_n
1000314_607092495998053_365059567_n 46450_607452069295429_997002736_n
18709_607837739256862_1471206560_n 3911_609000882473881_1590118153_n

Love my goofy, emotional boy!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. That's so sweet that he wrote you the new note. <3 It's so awesome that your boy knows he can express himself to you no matter what!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!