Ugh, my arm looks gross.
They took blood (yet again) at the doctor's office Thursday, and not only did my arm hurt the rest of the day, but now... ew. It just looks nasty. Bruised. I'm gonna have to slap another bandaid on that sucker so I don't have to look at it anymore. Other than that, the doctor's office went ohkay, I guess. We waited about an hour in the examination room for the doctor to come in, measure me, listen to the baby's heartbeat, and leave. An hour for two minutes of attention. Oh well, we're not paying for the visits, so I guess we should be grateful that we were there in the first place and that the baby is getting the attention it needs!
As of yet we still do not know what the gender is. Mom still thinks that it is a girl, so I've gotten used to calling it a "her". We don't know when we'll be finding out, but if they go by the sheet they gave me in the beginning, it should be around 24 weeks with the next ultrasound. That would be around September 24th. I guess we will find out at our next doctor's visit, which is Sept. 11th.
The past couple of weeks have been exciting because 1) I finally felt the baby moving around, and then full-on nudging/kicking/punching, 2) Carl was able to feel the baby kicking or whatever as well, 3) Mom was able to feel her a bit too, 4) bedtime stories have commenced (after which the baby kicks around some... I wonder if s/he likes to hear us talk/laugh?), 5) Monday was our 1st year anniversary (thanks to all who wished us a happy one! it surely was!)!!
I've been feeling fine lately, a few days I have off days, such as yesterday, due to a lot of stretching I'm sure! A pair of my maternity pants is already feeling tight on me, how about that!!?
Last week Brittany had her c-section! Baby Samuel made it safely into this world, for which I am sure we are all so very thankful for! If baby Alethia doesn't come sooner, Autumn will be induced the 19th! I am so excited for my friends in Memphis and only wish I could be there to welcome the babies into the world.
Next weekend Carl and I will be traveling to Byron, Georgia for a tryout, so please remember to keep us in your prayers! Perhaps this is the place for us, who knows but God?? ;D We are very hopeful, though, and excited to have this tryout! We've been waiting a while to hear from folks in the area, so it's nice to have this going for us!
Anyway, just wanted to do a little update here.. hope everyone has a great weekend!!
- Kkens & Baby
How are you really?
2 months ago