1.31.2009

introducing Carl Benjamin Jenkins




Our beautiful baby boy was born January 19th at 9:50 PM after 17 hours of labor. Labor wasn't too bad with the epidural, and pushing wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Benjamin's heartrate had dropped and they were very close to giving me a c-section when our doctor checked and said it was time to push. I pushed for about an hour and twenty minutes. I am so thankful for modern medicine because I didn't feel it when Benjamin's apparently big head split me BAD. I lost a lot of blood, so shortly after giving birth my body went into shock and I blacked out for quite a long time. I didn't pass out but I could not see for a while and wanted to close my eyes but Carl sat by me and told me to keep my eyes open. I will never forget the moment I was finally able to see again and how excited I was to be able to see Carl beside me. The next morning I received 2 units of blood transfusion, and they kept me an extra day. We went home the following Thursday.

I've recovered quite nicely and although we have hit a few bumps here and there, everything is coming together as best as it can! We are very happy with our Baby Boy!

I'm sorry it took so very long to post something like this. I'm sure you can imagine why. The tear I received was a complete 4th degree tear, which is the worst you can get. So I've been concentrating my energy on feedings and recovering.

Oh and we have internet at the house now!

Love,
Kristen

1 comment:

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!