There are days with Benjamin {and now Zoe} that I just am amazed at how much movement there is in my life, going here and there, doing this and that, never, ever ending. Not even during nap times because I even have to get things done then. There is rarely any rest. Sometimes I just want to say, “BE STILL!” And have everyone just freeze in the moment … just be still for once. Just. Stop. Moving.
And some days I feel like maybe I need to hear this myself, because I try to do so much. I try to be and do everything. I don’t make enough time for important things because I’m trying to housetrain the dog or keep up with laundry or wash all the dishes because they are always piling up. Or I’m trying so hard not to stress out about Spiritual things that are bothering me, maybe a burden I am carrying or something I just can’t seem to get off my mind… sometimes I think too far into things and sometimes, not enough. Sometimes I feel like I need to hear it, from God… to be still, for once.
Just be still. Be content. Everything will work out. Everything will be okay. It’s all going to be fine.
“BE STILL and know that I am GOD.”
Kristen. Do that. Right there. Be still and KNOW. Focus on what’s important, and be still.
thanks girl :)
ReplyDeleteI love this post. When my husband and I got married we chose Psalm 46:10 as our verse. Great reminder!
ReplyDelete