11.21.2011

silver lining

I hate to complain, but I said in my last post that I'm going to be real from now on. And today I felt like complaining a lot, and it was mostly about the dudes who have been working on the outside of the house, busting out bricks and putting them back in and ... whatever it is they are actually doing out there. I don't know, because I haven't been around to that side of the house since they started coming. Mainly because I don't want to see the mess they're making. {sorry neighbors, I know it can't be pretty!}

Today I pretty much felt like I was going crazy because it was so loud, and boy does sound carry in this house. You can't escape it. And I have no idea what they were doing but it felt and sounded like they were trying to bulldoze the house. I'm serious. This was also during the time that Benjamin was supposed to be napping. As you can probably assume, no nappage happened.

And all the voices outside! I felt like I was just surrounded!

So I ended up at the end of the day with frazzled nerves and a headache that is pounding, pounding, pounding just like they have been on my house all day long.

Wah, wah, wah...

The good news is ... I can look on the bright side. Here's my silver lining: work is getting done. It's been needing to be done and it's getting done and that's great! Also, it's not permanent! Carl just told me that they said it will be likely one more day and then they are outta my hair {er, head!} for good. And who knows, maybe some huge wind will blow away that white dust that is or was covering the front porch the last time I peeked out there!

You know, I'm thankful that I can look on the bright side of things when I've had a long, noisy day. It makes things a little easier to deal with.

Also thankful for Tylenol. I'm just sayin'.

EDIT: Just found out we might have bad weather tomorrow... so more work might be delayed... which means Wednesday it might resume... which means we could have dudes bustin' up bricks or puttin' them back in, whatever, while company is here... silver lining... silver lining... silver lining...

1 comment:

  1. i love your attitude here. whenever God sends something that may seem tough for us to handle our way in life, we can always be thankful and look for that silver lining... you're doing just that:) thanks for the great example that you are to me!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!