"In God is my salvation and my glory:
the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God."
Psalm 62:7
the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God."
Psalm 62:7
I have always loved this verse and love to pass it along to friends or family who are going through a hard time. It is a verse that is filled with comfort. You can see here that God is our solace. He is the harbor in the tempest, the calm in the storm. God is immovable and never changing and that makes Him dependable in all situations.
Sometimes we go through life and we may feel lost, but God is the beacon of light guiding us safely to the harbor. But we have to look for Him. We know in Matthew 6 Jesus tells us that we don’t have to worry about the things of this life if we seek after God first and foremost in our lives. When we are dealing with the pain of loss or suffering, God is our rock of strength and He is our refuge.
The greatest way to seek that refuge is within the Holy Scriptures and to come to God in prayer. Let Him speak to you through the Word, and then speak to Him humbly in prayer.
“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”
1 Peter 5:7
1 Peter 5:7
In your time of trial, God cares for you. Don’t forget that!
Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth or song,
As the burdens press, and the cares distress,
And the way grows weary and long?
Too deeply for mirth or song,
As the burdens press, and the cares distress,
And the way grows weary and long?
Oh, yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.
Does Jesus care when my way is dark
With a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades,
Does He care enough to be near?
With a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades,
Does He care enough to be near?
Oh, yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.
Does Jesus care when I’ve tried and failed
To resist some temptation strong;
When for my deep grief there is no relief,
Though my tears flow all the night long?
To resist some temptation strong;
When for my deep grief there is no relief,
Though my tears flow all the night long?
Oh, yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.
Does Jesus care when I’ve said “goodbye”
To the dearest on earth to me,
And my sad heart aches till it nearly breaks—
Is it aught to Him? Does He see?
To the dearest on earth to me,
And my sad heart aches till it nearly breaks—
Is it aught to Him? Does He see?
Oh, yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.
Have a blessed day! If you need prayers, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I would be honored to pray for you.

Your heart is so beautiful.
ReplyDelete