2.23.2012

Peacemakers.

There is a quote that I'm sure a lot of you have heard before "Lord, put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth." - It's humorous, but at the same time, I feel like I have really been needing that lately. There are certain times in your life where you just feel it coming from all sides and it's hard to bare. When people you love are hurtful even when they don't mean to be, and what you really want to do is tell them what's what. It's nice to look back and see that maybe a year ago you would have said something without a thought but now you know better. I've been studying the Fruit of the Spirit lately because I'm going to be teaching that to my class starting in March and I don't think that my studies could have come at a better time. Seriously.

Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. Self-Control.

If I want to live a life that's pleasing to God, that means I have to make sure I'm bearing the Fruit of the Spirit even in times when you really feel things like patience or peace being tested. I've got to keep my mouth shut before I make a bigger mess of things. Growth, y'all. I've never been very patient, but I've got to practice. And when these situations arise, it sure is a blessing to know I can always pray about it, hand it over to God, and ultimately calm myself down. I know how I need to act, I just need to do it.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God" Matthew 5:9


I'm reminded of what my Mimi always told us, "Be a peacemaker." (and consequently what my cousin once said in response, "I don't wanna be a peacemaker!!")

Be a peacemaker.

Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. Self-Control.


I can do this.

I am far from perfect. Believe me. It has taken a long time to get to where I am, and even where I am, I know it's not the end.

But, I can do this.

I can do all things...

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I love the reminder. I am glad of our growth...even when it's tough. It's sad that some are hurtful without thinking about their actions.  I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!