Last night, I was going through some old videos that I had uploaded and couldn’t help but to linger on the ones of Benjamin when he was a little toddler. I can’t believe how quickly time has passed by… how it feels like only yesterday he was toting around his stuffed Eeyore, watching Blues Clues, and snuggling with me in the mornings. Now, he’s toting around a bug net, watching Transformers, and going off to pre-school in the mornings! It’s hard to believe that my little pudgy-faced Benjamin is really getting to be a big boy… soon the dimples in his hands will be gone and he won’t need any help in the bathroom, he’ll take showers by himself, and then he’ll be taller than me…
I never knew how blessed my life would be when I had Benjamin. I never knew how much love my heart could hold, how I would feel like crying when his little arm wrapped around mine as he cuddled me on the couch. I never knew how much it would mean to me to hear, “Mom, I love you” throughout the day or get those random hugs and kisses.
God has truly blessed me with Benjamin… I am so incredibly blessed to be his mommy…
And now I’m going to share some chocolate cake with my sweet boy.
“Mom, does it have eggs in it?”
”No, it sure doesn’t!”
”I like chocolate cake!”