Well, hello November! I can’t believe we are in the next-to-the-last month of the year! It’s incredible how this year has just flown by. I don’t know how I feel about this, especially since my baby turns two in January. Let’s not talk about that right now… let’s talk about…
TRICK – OR – TREATING!
Okay, so, going up to doors and knocking, and then asking nicely for some candy to put in your plastic pumpkin bucket was totally a hit with Benjamin. At first he wasn’t so sure about it. We took him over to his Great-Grandma’s first so she could see him in costume (she lives in the subdivision across the main road from ours). He was a little iffy at first and unsure what he was supposed to do, but when the door opened and the candy came out, he was all over that situation! She allowed him to choose as many candies as he wanted (he actually put some back) and he just had a ball putting them in his bucket.
After that, we went on home to get the rest of our stuff for Trick or Treating. I left my camera at home because I preferred experiencing it with him instead of being the mommy with the camera attached to her face. It was a good Halloween costume for me, because we all know I have that thing around the clock. Ha!
Benjamin really enjoyed trick or treating! Everyone thought he was just a precious little puppy and he was so polite to everyone, even at the two houses that scared him. There was one I knew would be scary because they always go all out with decorations and he was fine until a witch started cackling at him. He started screaming but managed to say “AH DOOOO!” (Thank you) as we left. Carl and I miiiiiiight have laughed about that all the way down the street. Okay, we did.
We didn’t do the entire neighborhood because the street was getting crowded, and, after all, Benjamin didn’t need all that candy in the first place. So we went back home and Benjamin started helping Nana open up the door and handing out candy to the other trick or treaters. I don’t know which Benjamin enjoyed more: going trick or treating or handing out the candy.
Anyway, that was Saturday night. We really didn’t celebrate on Sunday because it is the Lord’s Day.
I hope everyone else had a safe Halloween if you celebrate it! Tomorrow happens to be SOMEone’s birthday (cough, cough, COUGH), and that SOMEone is actually pretty stoked about it because she – ahem, THEY (to keep the anonymity going) got a coupon in their email for a free entree at Moe’s, and that just so happened to be one of the birthday dinner choices! Yep, the coupon sealed the deal!
So yeah. That person is going to be 22. Woohoo! And that person is all excited up in here.
Ah, Benjamin is just so cute! Glad y'all had a good time trick-or-treating. Haaaaappy biiirthday! :D
ReplyDelete