11.09.2010

Leap! Part Two.

Not too long ago, I wrote a blog about our decision to pause in our search for a preaching job, wanting to settle down around here and get a secular job instead. It was all about taking that leap of faith, and I explained that I see it like this: taking a leap of faith and trusting that God is there to catch us.

This time, it seems that in mid-leap, God is reminding us that He is the One in control. He will lead us where He wants us, and He is the One opening doors, not us. We were very ready to take a break from the preaching life because we hadn’t been able to find a job and because we thought things were looking up for us in taking a secular job instead, but as soon as we thought that the secular job would work out for us, it didn’t. Right now we are still jobless and living off about just enough to get us through the rest of the year, plus our parents’ gracious help.

I was really feeling sorry for myself and feeling hopeless and helpless.

And then the door opened again, and we decided that we are not going to ignore it. If God wants us somewhere, I believe He will make it clear to us that He does. Not miraculously, but providentially. The door has opened again, and this time it is not secular. We’re thinking that maybe what God wants from us is that we trust Him completely, that He will be with us through our troubles and He will provide what we need. He also has promised this to everyone out there (“Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33) as long as we are willing to put aside what WE want and desire and go after what HE wants. So maybe this place where He has opened up the door for us NEEDS us as well, and God is answering them along with us!

Isn’t it amazing that we all might play a bigger part in the grand scheme of things than we possibly realize? Have you ever wondered whose life you’ve been placed in for a bigger purpose than just to know someone? Have you ever wondered if you’re on the other side of the door that God is opening up for someone? So maybe we’re not the only ones leaping here.

Every day after Chapel, the Memphis School of Preaching students sing one song in particular. It’s the same song every day. In fact, the wives sing it too at the end of their chapel before they go to wives’ class. Carl led it the other day at Worship and it was a great reminder to me.

I know the Lord will make a way for me.
I know the Lord will make a way for me.
If I walk in heaven’s light,
Shun the wrong, and do the right,
I know the Lord will make a way for me.

God is making our way. HE is in control. We’re going to leap through that door as soon as it is opened for us and we are going to do the best we can!

I’m pretty excited.

And I always appreciate your comments and your encouragement. My friends have been very precious to me during this time. You are all wonderful. Oh, speaking of friends, I have one more thing:

I posted this on facebook, but in case any of you wished to join in, I wanted to post it here. If you’d like to join in, just leave a comment and make sure you put your email in the comment so I can email you all the stuff you need to know, like what book we’re studying and all that.

Hello ladies! I have been searching for new ways to bring us all closer to God through this simply wonderful tool we have here - the internet! I have been thinking the past few days about how we might be able to do this. I have tried a study on my blog which went well for a while and they I think kinda dropped off (mostly my fault, and I do apologize for that! I am working to get that back up and at least finish the Proverbs 31 woman). Anyway, I was wondering who all might be interested in doing a book club with me?

I was thinking we could all choose a book to study (a women's study book would be great) and set a goal for how much to study of the book during the week and by a certain date have it all done. We can create a group here on facebook to discuss the book (as I think that would probably be easiest). OR -- and I just figured this out, we could all register onwww.shelfari.com and create a book group there, and also add books to our own shelves with books we would like to study. We can do both, if you wanted. I at least thought that shelfari would be a great way to browse book recommendations and everything.

Anyway, if you wanted to check out my current shelf that I compiled for this purpose, you can see it here:

http://www.shelfari.com/o1514146643/shelf

So, who all is with me? Of course, you'd have to supply your own book once we chose one. I'll get around to tagging later when I have more time in case people don't see this. <3

Lemme know who is interested, and also what books you'd like to study.

I hope you all are having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. You all have been in my prayers...Isn't it wonderful that we have God to provide for us! How awful it would be if we went through life on our "own" power. So glad to hear that you have this opportunity! <3

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!