Today I was in a difficult mood. I try not to get that way a lot because who enjoys that? But sometimes it happens, right? Where you just feel out of whack and it's everything you can do to not crawl back into bed and just start over? Those days where your hair looks AWESOME but you feel terrible? Not sickly but just ... moody blah. You know what I mean? That was my day today. And I hate moping. I hate brooding and being a Debbie Downer. So today Benjamin and I went outside while the sun wasn't fully up and the shade was still in our yard, and we had a "picnic" snack {low-fat cinnamon graham crackers are uh-mazing... and I'm getting used to drinking lemon water now}.
I think we spent about an hour in the lovely cool of the day {um 75 degrees is perfection}, just laying on the quilt, eating graham crackers and singing a few songs together {Benjamin is learning how to sing "The Lord is my Shepherd" since that has been his latest memory verse - oh, a cute little side note. We had a devo at a friend's house on Sunday night and the song 'Jesus Loves Me' was suggested to sing at the bonfire, and while the adults were talking about who should lead it, sweet Benjamin steps forward and starts us all off. I am one proud mama!}. Benjamin got up and played with Zoe some and started picking the pomegranate buds off of the low branches of our tree {meh, it's okay... it doesn't really produce good fruit anyway} and feeding them to Zoe. It was just really nice.
And even though I felt my moody self swing back later on in the day, at least I took some time to go outside with Benjamin and get some fresh air and make some memories with him. That's the way I see it, anyway! I am ever aware {and reminded} that I am not a perfect person... but I am trying to do what I can at any rate. The rest of this week is about to get busy with packing for the Lectures. Oh boy!
I totally know what you mean, kristen. But, yay for picnics in the yard! :) Benjamin is getting cuter and cuter, btw. ;D
ReplyDelete