9.10.2012

Big Boy Benjamin

So I’ve been posting a lot about Baby #2, but not so much about my #1 Big Boy. I thought that this needs to be rectified, so I’ll let you all in on what Mr. Benjamin has been up to lately.

DSC09196

He has been as goofy and fun as ever! Benjamin has such a big personality and a funny imagination. I just love to hear what he will think of next. He likes to pretend that he’s a baby a lot now, I think just because he is just so fascinated with the thought of a new baby coming to live with us soon. He crawls around and talks in a high-pitched baby voice. He cracks me up.

Benjamin has been learning a lot of memory verses and has been making us very proud! Our Gospel Meeting started yesterday and we all had handouts to answer questions on, and Benjamin had his own. Well, he wanted to fill them out like everyone else, so he asked me what the words were and one answer was “Jesus” so I told him to write Jesus in the blank, and he did. He was so proud of himself. I’m really proud of his spelling and how well he is doing with writing. He can write out “Benjamin” and does so on pretty much every coloring sheet he brings from Bible Class.

DSC09268

He likes to help daddy “drive” home from worship {we live 30 seconds from the church building pretty much}, and likes to do big boy things around the house to help. He’s been really good with the potty for a while now, except at nap and bedtime {as you can see in the picture, he wears pullups at nap and bedtime} – by the way, if anyone has any tips on how to train during sleep time, please pass them on!!

Recently he has been into School House Rock and pretty much anything that has music. He has two new favorite songs, Apache {you know… jump on it, jump on it, jump on it} and Honeybee by Steampowered Giraffe or something like that.

He loves his best friend, Gabe, and likes to go visiting friends. He’s a crazy, climbing, wiggle worm and he keeps us busy!

I think we have pretty much decided we’re going to start homeschooling {officially} next year, and I think he’s really going to enjoy it because he loves to learn and he’s so smart already. He loves going to the library and checking out books.

As to what he’s currently interested in playing with, it’s basically Super Heroes and cars right now. He and his daddy go out and do street racing with Lightning McQueen and Mater sometimes in the evenings and he really likes that. He’s also into building toys like Lincoln Logs, and puzzles.

I can’t believe how much he has grown lately… it’s kind of  bittersweet to watch your kids grow up, isn’t it?

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet Benjamin! I can't believe how much he's grown! Yes, it definitely is bittersweet for our little ones to grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!