9.04.2012

I am Blessed.

165999936235732819_urR4v0aS_f

{found on pinterest}

When you have a million hormones warring against each other and your sanity, it’s easy to let the negative ones get the better of you from time to time. It’s one of the downsides of pregnancy, at least in my experience {which would be nearly 1 year total so far}. There have been times when I have found myself thinking “Who in the world AM I?” because I don’t recognize myself amidst the floods of tears {that honestly happen way more than I am comfortable admitting}, the flurries of anger, and those moments when patience just SNAPS.

I know it’s normal. I still don’t like it. I don’t like feeling pretty happy one moment, to waaaay down in the dumps the next, to HULK!SMASH the very next. Who would? It’s exhausting!

There is one thing that does help me, and that is to sit down and realized how blessed I am. Blessed. Me. The crazy, moody, if-looks-could-kill-you’d-be-dead pregnant chick. I really am blessed, beyond measure. I know I could never count them, but I’m going to at least list a few that I’ve been thinking about lately.

.I am blessed with new life growing inside me, being formed, “fearfully and wonderfully made” {Psa 139:14}, and no matter how many bad days I have, I know that the end result is worth more than that one-hundred times over.

.I am blessed with a sweet, sweet three-year-old, who prays for me every night to feel better, who gives me kisses all the time and asks me if I still feel sick. He is so filled with compassion and has such a gentle, kind spirit. I am so blessed to have my sweet Benjamin!

.I am blessed with a caring, loving husband who has gone above and beyond, even on top of everything else he has to do, to take care of me and the baby and Benjamin. I know that if it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be able to get through this. He is always asking me if he can help or get me something, or if I just need someone to bawl all over, he is there, no matter how silly the reason.

.I am blessed with a mother and a mother-in-law who have both sacrificed of their own time and money {yeah, it isn’t cheap coming from Georgia to Alabama!} to come and help out around the house while I have been so sick. I shudder to think of what my house would look like if neither of them had taken the time to come down… seriously… it would not be pretty, and I am forever grateful that they did!

.I am blessed with wonderful, caring friends who don’t mind my hormonal texts looking for a little reassurance, or chat with me on facebook to help keep my mind off of feeling sick! It really does make the time go by so much easier!

.Okay, a material blessing, but I really am thankful for my Kindle. I’ve been able to do a lot more studying with it, thanks to a larger font size that doesn’t make me {too} dizzy. I’ve been able to knock out a bit of my to-read list. It’s kept me occupied and I’ve really been enjoying it.

…. I know that all these blessings come from Christ – the Ultimate Blessing, if you ask me – and I am so thankful to God that I can sit down and name a few off the top of my head like this. He really has been mindful of me, and I know that He is taking care of me.

Feeling pretty blessed this evening… not to mention pretty tired, but you know, even that is a blessing… maybe I’ll actually sleep good tonight! Ha!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this, Kristen. And I absolutely LOVE your new blog title! :) I hope you are having a good day...still praying for you.

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I have to remind myself of this daily. I love your new blog design/name! So pretty!

    Praying for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! It's comforting to know I'm not alone in what I go through :)

      Delete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!