10.27.2012

It’s A…!!

So last night {Thursday night} after our doctor appointment, we had a super special gender reveal party! It was a lot of fun and I had some great friends who helped and who came to have fun with us and I am so glad we did it! It made it so special to be able to share the news with our close friends and to find out at the same time! It was extra special because we streamed it live via ustream and also skyped with my parents! Super fun! Everyone got to see it first-hand!

DSC09557 DSC09567

Although the old wives tales all pointed to “boy”, pretty much everyone thought the baby would be a girl! That’s not the official tally, but not too many more were added to the boy column! Just for your info, I had put a tally on the boy. Carl and Benjamin both voted girl. Figures!

DSC09559 DSC09588

We had lots of great food and lots of fun… but when it came for the moment we were all waiting for, everything was just intense! We had decided to make confetti poppers to pull all at the same time, instead of doing the cake thing {sweets make me sick!}, and …

DSC09572

Can you see it??

DSC09575

Do you see how surprised I am?? Pink confetti flew EVERYWHERE!

DSC09594

It was seriously so much fun and I was so, so surprised – even though I had thought I saw a hint during the Ultrasound {and no, I wasn’t trying to cheat!!} – to learn that we are expecting a little baby GIRL!!!

I went through the rest of the night just in a sort of daze… I can’t really explain why! I wasn’t disappointed, or sad, or anything like that! I guess that I have just been a mommy to a boy for so long {almost 4 years!} that I never really thought of myself as ever being a mommy to a girl! So finding out that it will all change in a few short months was just… mind-blowing! I can’t imagine all the differences! Seriously! So if you commented on my facebook last night with congratulations and I didn’t gush and gush about it, please don’t think I’m ungrateful! It has just taken me some time to digest, is all! {And I really, really can’t wait to buy those purple diaper covers I’ve been eyeing! ha!}

We are all super, super excited about our  baby girl. Benjamin is thrilled to be having a sister and we think he will make a fantastic big brother to his baby sister. Of course, Carl is going to have his daddy’s girl and I can already see that she will have him wrapped around her finger! But that’s okay because I was – and still am! – a daddy’s girl, too.

Today, I am officially 18 weeks. I’ll try to find time tomorrow to give the “official” week update. I was going to do that instead of this one… but hey, this is bigger news, right?

Thank you all for your warm and sweet congratulations!!

blog comments powered by Disqus