I was so excited today when Carl found the double stroller I have been eyeballing for a while on Craigslist. Seriously, I was super thrilled, and Carl went ahead and sent the guy a message to ask about the stroller. Well, the guy said at first that it wasn’t available anymore… but then came back and said that if we really wanted it, it would be available after the weekend. Well, THEN I was really pumped… Carl and the guy fixed a day and a place and time to pick it up and pay, and then he was confirming the amount and said “$450”.
Wait, what?
Sorry, and no offense to anyone reading who has paid or is willing to pay that much for a stroller, but there is no way I would ever pay that much on one item for a baby. Ever. Not only do we not have that much extra money laying around for a double stroller, but I’m not going to pay that much, period. That’s ridiculous.
Turns out we weren’t talking about the same stroller. The one we had been thinking of had been sold already. Good thing we got that cleared up before we drove an hour to Tuscaloosa for a super expensive stroller that we would never, in our right minds, buy.
In case you’re wondering, this is the stroller I am eyeballing, and if anyone {reasonably close} happens to know of someone selling {reasonably cheap} one of these… or if you find one at a yard sale and it’s in good condition… seriously, tell me.
Anyway, so that’s the down part of the day.
We had more ups than downs today though. I had been feeling really down lately because I feel like I haven’t been doing as well as I could as a mommy and a wife {seriously… my house is a wreck and I just want to sleep all day}. I was thinking I could do something special with Ben today but the weather was gloomy & rainy. So instead, we played a video game together, which was actually pretty fun, and did other things like play-do and all that. Benjamin said I’m a cool mommy.
Last night we also decided on baby names, but we’re keeping those hush-hush until the baby is born. But it’s a huge relief to not have that on our plate anymore.
And then another huge UP is that we spent some time tonight with some really good friends at dinner! We had a good time.
All in all, even though we didn’t get that stroller on the cheap, today was a really good day. Only a couple more days till our next doctor appointment, and then we’ll schedule our anatomy scan, which will probably be in four weeks… which just so happens to fall on my birthday weekend… which is also the next time I am going to see my parents because my dad wanted to come down for my birthday! I’m so excited!
That is so disappointing about the stroller! I hope another one comes along soon that is cheap!
ReplyDeleteTry not to be hard on yourself about your house and all that. I know how those feelings of inadequacy can get you down. Just remember that this is only a season. You need to be taking care of yourself and the precious little one growing inside you. Praying for you!!
xo