Wow... I can't believe that we are moving tomorrow and we'll be starting our new work! I'm nervous and excited! Please keep us in your prayers as we start this new work.
I also want to just say this... I have been blown away not once, not twice, but three times in the past 6 years with my parents' generosity and hospitality and love and care as they have allowed us to stay with them during our transition periods. When Carl and I learned that he had been fired, I called my parents in tears, panicking, sobbing, because I was so scared and uncertain and okay I was pretty much just in freak-out mode. I was hurt and sad and so, so terrified. I was flipping out because we had to be out in three weeks, and that gives no time at all to find a new job and to figure out where we were going.
But my dad told me that night, “Please plan on being here in a few weeks.” – pretty much telling me to stop worrying, that we would be staying with them.
And let me also note that they have also extended their home to my brother and his wife in this time as they are in a transitional period as well. So that means, when we moved in, there were EIGHT people living under one roof.
I am blown away.
And really all I can think right now is that I want to be just like them. I want to take care of people when they need it. I want to extend love and hospitality and care.
My parents are so incredible, so Christ-like, godly, amazing… I could go on. I could, for pages and pages. I am so blessed and humbled and so, so, SO grateful.
Please continue to pray for my family as we continue on this adventure, this new journey. We covet your prayers and your friendship and support more than you know!