I’m somewhat of a control freak, if I were to be totally honest with you about it. Not that I just like to control everything and everyone, but I like to have order in my life and know what is going to happen days in advance. I know that I need to be more flexible and I believe {read: hope} that I’m getting better at this… I’ve learned that I can’t control every situation and it’s a hard lesson to learn, but I’m learning it.
A lot of things have happened in the last few months that have turned me on my head, and I’m sure you all know this. At the spur of a moment, we agreed to foster a little girl, and while that only lasted a week and a half it really did turn my world upside down in regards to … well, perspective.
And then shortly thereafter, or actually during all of this, Carl lost his job and we were uprooted completely. I have anxiety about moving, so this just threw me completely. Having bills to pay and no job is stressful. Having to move back in with my parents, although I am SO THANKFUL for them, is stressful.
However… it’s not the first time we’ve had to do this. All those details were nothing new. But this time, we were leaving behind so many amazing friends, and people that we have grown to love so dearly. That has been the hardest of all.
Last time we were in this situation, it took almost 5 months to find a new job. But, I’m happy to say that 6 weeks after the fact, we know where we are going and we are so excited to be moving next weekend.
Excited, and also… really scared. Well, I am, anyway.
Because starting over somewhere new is kinda scary for me.
Deep breath. We’re about to start the next chapter of our ADVENTURE story!