Weekends are a lot longer now that we are going to the doctor every week. I’m 35 weeks {okay and 2 days} now, and that means just a little over three weeks before we welcome bitty girl into the world. Not a whole lot has changed between last week and this week, except for becoming increasingly tired and sore and uncomfortable. Insomnia is kicking my booty, not to mention restless leg syndrome. I’m hoping the RLS disappears after she is here and maybe I’ll be so exhausted from taking care of a newborn and night feedings that I’ll be able to sleep some… which is funny to say because most people lose more sleep after the baby is here, but I doubt I’ll be up till four in the morning just because I can’t convince my legs that they aren’t running a marathon and they don’t have to attempt to trip each other up.
I got an email from a pregnancy app on my phone saying that the baby was running out of room and thus wouldn’t be moving quite as much as before… that’s laughable. The way she’s going, I wouldn’t be surprised if she climbed her way out during the c-section.
Anyway! I know some of you are interested in the name game, so here we go…
Charlotte Carleigh Clara
Camryn
Carla
Camilla
Chloe
Cora Caitlin Charity
Clementine
I seriously love the name Caitlin, but that’s not it, either. Can you believe we are down to four names now? I can’t. In a few more days, I’ll be marking off another name and we’ll be down to three… blah I have so much to do!
Next doctor’s appointment is Thursday… it shouldn’t be too eventful unless we can think of more questions to ask her. I got some c-section protocol questions answered this past Friday. We’re getting closer and yeah, I guess I’m getting nervous, but honestly I’ve been so miserable lately that I don’t think I have ever looked forward to such a major medical procedure more in my life. Abdominal surgery isn’t “no big deal”. But I am eager to get this over with and hold my daughter.
Oh, and just for fun, let’s check out my to-do list…
#1 buy crib mattress #2 buy changing table pad & cover
#3 finish wall décor
#4 sand/strip side table
#5 paint side table {white or turquoise??}
#6 paint dresser drawers {once mom & dad bring the dresser – jan 18}
#7 make cloth wipes#8 make girly headbands #9 buy letters for baby’s room, wrap in yarn #10 buy more prefolds #11 buy nursing tops/dresses #12 deep clean house #13 figure out cloth wipe solution #16 secure furniture to walls
#14 make baby legs
#15 wash & put away baby clothes
#17 haircuts {I’ll need one this month and one in March}- {1/2} #18 freezer meals? decided that we won’t need this since Mom will be here for a while.
#19 make a breastfeeding basket for bedside table, including snacks and waters, kindle, phone, etc
#20 put together MY bag for the hospital {1/2 done}
#21 put together CARL’s bag for hospital
#22 put together BABY’s bag for hospital {1/2 done} #23 make hotel arrangements for the night of the 21st
#24 help mom & dad make hotel arrangements for the night of the 21st
#25 put together a “Big Brother” kit for Benjamin for duration of hospital stay as a gift from the baby {mom & dad will be keeping him at our house} – we at least know what we’re getting him
#26 let Benjamin choose a gift for his sister {I believe he wants to get her a Violet toy} #27 “Big Brother” t-shirt for Benjamin to wear to meet his sister #28 turn in pre-admission forms Not going to write a birth plan because she said it’s just better to communicate, and also she’s done a great job with answering questions.
#29 write down c-section birth plan & discuss with doctor
Eh, not doing too bad I guess. Some of the stuff really will be last-minute. It’s all good. I’m not worried about it all. I’m too distracted with my aching everything.
I didn't have RLS, but with Jasper the last few weeks I would find myself up at 2, 3, 4, am just walking around the house or doing stretches because I was SO uncomfortable and my body would not let me lay down. Even when I was just exhausted (and I was with him, it was ridiculous) something unexplainable just made me have to get up and move around. When he was born, that went away. I don't know what your plans are, but we co-slept and those first few weeks I don't even remember really waking up during the night. It was pretty wonderous. Here's to hoping that the same can be true for you and after she is here your body will let you get that sleep!
ReplyDeleteYou're getting sooo close! Very excited for you!
ReplyDelete