4.24.2013

Clara, you are one month old!

1month

Oh sweet baby girl. I can’t believe it has been one month already since you were born. It’s gone by fast but it’s also gone by slow, depending on what we’ve had going on. I’d love to say that we’ve found a nice routine, but every time I think we do, you seem to switch it up on us a little bit. Of course, I know that’s just how you little babies roll. Mommy just needs to remember how to roll with it.

So far, you are up to 9lbs 2oz, at least at your last appointment. You don’t go back until you are two months old, so hopefully you’ll have gained more by then as well. You are still wearing some newborn clothes but you’re starting to get into your 0-3 month clothes because you’re getting a little long for the newborn size.

Smiles are very rare but very sweet when you happen to give them. You’re finding that you can make noises without crying. You’re grasping more and staying awake for longer periods of time {it’d be awesome if this wasn’t between 2 and 6 am, just saying…}. You look around for voices when you hear them and your head control is really impressive!

You don’t like being manipulated into anything, like clothes, your car seat, your swing buckle, and anything else that forces you to put your arms or legs through something. Hopefully soon you’ll get used to your seat and everything so you don’t flip out when we have to go somewhere.

You love to look at Benjamin when he is around and I think it is so sweet how you will turn to look at him when he is near, talking to you. He loves you so much and I can tell that you love him as well.

Hopefully soon we’ll do better with our fussy nights. Really, though, we are blessed that all we really have to deal with is a few hours of fussiness as you fight sleep. Thank you for reminding me that there are things more important than cleaning house, such as loving on my babies and soaking up those precious moments.

blog comments powered by Disqus