I know I was asking for it when I said yesterday that things were going really well as far as adjusting was going.
Wouldn’t you know that today was a really difficult day? Maybe it was because last night, miss Clara decided she wanted to be awake more than she was asleep, and her favorite thing to do while she is awake is to nurse. Being awake is exhausting enough but spending that time nursing is even more so. Don’t get me wrong – I know I am blessed with this sweet child and I tell myself very frequently what a blessing it is to have this little one to depend on me {I know I’ve mentioned it in previous posts and I hope I’m not tiring y’all out by saying it so often… I’m trying to ingrain it within me, ha!}.
But today was hard. I think perhaps both kids sort of fed off of my “I’m-too-tired-for-this” vibes, because both were giving me a run for my money. One would not let me put her down for anything – and like I said earlier, her favorite thing to do is nurse… and the other was acting out, which I assume is just something that comes along with him adjusting to not having all the attention on him anymore.
I told myself several times throughout the day that we are all adjusting to the new changes in our home life here. The dynamic is different. We’re learning more about each other as a new baby, as a mommy to a newborn and a preschooler, and a big brother who just a couple weeks ago was an only child.
Yes, I did wash my hair with body wash when I finally was able to get a shower today {at 5PM, by the way}.
I am pretty sure I’m losing my mind.
And there’s a possibility that tomorrow could be better… could be the same… or could be worse. Who knows?
Pray for us all as we continue to take on the ups and downs of adjusting!
However… I didn’t mention the sweet moments… they were there as well. I am hoping to do better at focusing more on those, instead of the moments that have me wanting to rip my hair out.
For now, both kids are asleep. Who knows how long that will last for the littlest one? I’m enjoying the quiet evening with my husband, making plans in my head for the coming day, knowing that I most likely won’t get to do half the things I want to do… but I can at least attempt them.
Here’s to adjusting… and for quiet evenings no matter how long they happen to last!
I love reading your posts. I hope to someday soon finally meet the whole family! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope to meet you, too! We've been friends a long time; we definitely need to find a way! hehe
Delete