7.07.2011

day seven without you

Dear Carl,

Well, we’ve made it a week. You’ve been away from me out of the country for the first time ever for an entire week and I am still alive. I’ve also gotten the trash out BOTH times this week. I know that has to impress you, but don’t think that’s going to be my newest chore when you get back. I find it gross.

Today was a really hard day. Benjamin woke up at six-something this morning and he was pitiful sick. I had to text Jessica to tell her just in case she didn’t want Gabe around him (in case it’s contagious). I think the Meyers ended up getting Gabe from daycare and I assume he is staying over there. I think Benjamin was running a slight fever by the end of the day, but he was still acting himself, just with more coughing, sneezing, and nose-runniness.

Photo0251

Today he did not take a nap, so instead he did this, and then I decided to take him to McDonald’s for dinner since I had been rather grumpy all day and felt pretty bad about it.

Photo0252

We spent an hour in McDonald’s… most of that being waiting on the food, go figure. But Benjamin enjoyed the visit and I think it was just good for us to spend that little bit of time together away from the house. He asked for you to come eat with us. He misses you.

Oh, by the way, I wanted to share a conversation I had with him today. I was just asking him what he wanted to be for Halloween (just curious as to what he would say… this was all during his bubble bath, btw), and he avoided the question and instead said that he was going to have a party! And I asked him who was going to be at his party and he said balloons. And then he said, “Mommy, Daddy, Blythe, and Jeremy!” And I asked him what kind of party it was going to be and he said, “Fireshow!” (Which means fireworks show) and then I asked what we would eat at his party and he said “… fireshow!” HA! Anyway, I just thought that was really cute. Can’t wait to have that party when y’all get back in the States.

Anyway, I am going to head off to bed (It’s 10:00 and I need the rest). I love you so much and I can’t wait for you to get back! Just a few more days!

 

OH – also. I just watched another amazing movie. Becoming Jane. Add that to my list of I NEED TO OWN THIS (alongside Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility).

 

Adoringly Yours,
Kristen

blog comments powered by Disqus