7.03.2011

day three without you

Dear Carl,

Three down, eight to go. I imagine that you’re going to be really, really busy starting tomorrow. I’ll be thinking about you and wondering how you’re doing and what all you will be doing! You’ll have to be sure to fill me in.

This morning, this is one of the first things I saw:

Photo0232

I thought of you so I went back to get my phone to take a picture so I could show you. He was out. I can’t remember exactly when he got up, but it must have been closer to 9 than anything. You never did tell me what time you ended up getting up this morning. Does your alarm clock work okay? Do you have three going off at once? hehe.

Today it was hot. It was 101 outside but weather.com (laugh it up, laugh it up) said it felt like 103 and I believed them! I wore new shoes today ($1 at Dirt Cheap, don’t worry) and they rubbed really bad on the backs of my feet so I wore bandaids for evening services. And of course when I was putting my bandaids on, Benjamin HAD to have a boo-boo band himself. I think he still has it on even now.

I know you are sad that you missed the birthday fellowship but really there were only a handful of us there. It was still good of course. I made lemon cake mix cookies, and I made them without eggs so Ben could eat them and would you believe he didn’t even like it? He took a bite and put it down and wanted nothing more of it. Well then! Next time I won’t bother skipping the eggs! Hmph!

I also made popcorn chicken and I brought that honey you bought because I loooove me some chicken and honey but I don’t think anyone used it. Oh well, their loss! I ALSO made lemonade. It was so funny because Haywood was asking about what I wanted to drink and I told him I made the lemonade and he smiled and I was like “yep, squeezed them lemons myself,” and he laughed, and then I was like “my arm is real tired from it!” and he was like “oh you are serious?! pour me some!” and he seemed impressed. ha!

Photo0235

Mr. Terry did the morning lesson, as I already told you, and Mr. Haywood did the evening one. The morning one was on Jeremiah 6 and the evening one was on Daniel 6. I’ve always liked Daniel!

Anyway, I’m just sitting here waiting around to see if you’ll pop on tonight or not. If you don’t, I’ll understand. You’re tired. I may go to Jessica’s tomorrow because she says they will have slip-n-slides and pools out. And I figure she could use a friend nearby. I’m referring to the message I sent on FB of course, I assume you received it by now if you’re reading this.

Well my dear, I love you desperately and I miss you almost as much! Eight more days! I think I can, I think I can!

Devotedly yours,
Kristen

blog comments powered by Disqus