7.05.2011

days four and five without you

Dear Carl,

I meant to post last night but I got so caught up in that movie I was watching… and I decided I’d go ahead and talk about today since later on I believe Blythe and Aidan are coming over for pizza and a movie. Did I tell you her nephew came back from Florida with her? Well, he did. Benjamin enjoyed running around with him last night at the fire works.

DSC05212

Benjamin entertained us all by dancing (shaking his behind specifically) while people were doing karaoke not too far from us. He was going wild! It was really cute. I don’t know when he picked up that dance move but he’s got it down pat. Wish you could have seen it. Wish I had been able to get a video of it!

Anyway, I already told you about our experience with Benjamin being scared of the fireworks. Again, I wish you had been there. It was me, Ben, Blythe, Aidan, Elizabeth, Collin, Junior, Dixie, and Junior & Dixie’s parents, and then later on Brandon showed up with Gabe and we all sat together and watched the show. It was fun!

Today is hard for me because I’m remembering Papaw. He passed away four years ago today and I keep expecting it to be easier remembering him but I can’t help but to still be saddened. I guess it isn’t as hard as it once was, but it’s still hard and I wish that you were here with me. I really don’t like this holiday at all.

Well, Benjamin just had a big poop  in his underwear at the lunch table so I gave him a bath and sent him off to nap. He woke up a lot earlier than he usually does today for some reason. He also has a very runny nose today probably because we were sitting in the grass so much last night. Anyway I gave him some medicine so hopefully that’ll dry him up and also help him get some rest.

I hope your day is going well. I’m sorry I keep missing you on chat. I love you. Can’t wait till you get home.

Love you forever,
Kristen

blog comments powered by Disqus