7.02.2011

day two without you

Dear Carl,

I am so happy that we were able to Skype tonight, and that you were able to put up a video on my wall! I missed you an extra lot today because we just had so much fun and I kept thinking “Carl would really enjoy this!” I know that Benjamin misses you a lot. Nana and Papaw have done good to occupy his mind but there are times when he asks about you.

Today we set up the pool just like I thought we would. Dad got these carpet pads from Dirt Cheap $1 a piece. He set those down on the floor of the screened-in porch and then we set the pool up. Of course the tricky part was finding a way to get a hose to reach. We ended up doing this:

Photo0228

My idea. Aren’t I brilliant? Impressed? I thought so. Anyway, that worked perfectly and we filled up the pool while Benjamin “napped” aka: tore up his bedspread… yeah, I meant to look at Dirt Cheap for a new one.

Photo0229

The pool is actually pretty big! I think we will have a good time in it this summer! Here are some more pictures:

DSC05143

DSC05145

DSC05152

(In case you missed my attractive face)

DSC05158

DSC05161

DSC05165

DSC05180

DSC05183

DSC05190

DSC05211

Benjamin isn’t afraid of Nana’s play doh snakes anymore either! Progress!

Anyway, for lunch we had KFC but we took it home. Ben had … you guessed it … PBJ. For dinner, we had hamburgers and french fries and corn on the cob and it was really good.

Besides going to Dirt Cheap and Wal-Mart and Dad turning left off of Walnut into on-coming traffic (well if traffic had been on-coming… I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING), there really wasn’t much to our day! Just a simple Saturday. It rained a little bit, but not much.

I miss you. I’m real lonely about now without you. I wish you would come back tomorrow but I know what you are doing is really important and I am proud of you!

I love you!

Yours Affectionately, and always,
Kristen

blog comments powered by Disqus