11.30.2012

23 Weeks / “Official” Date / First ER Visit

Well, I’ve missed the past two weeks so I figured now would be a good time to update you on how everything is progressing. I’m sorry – I don’t have a belly photo to post. Most of you know we’ve been terribly busy lately. Forgive me! Hopefully next week we’ll have one.

How Far Along: 23 Weeks
Size of Baby: At 23 weeks, the baby is measuring about the size of a mango!

23-mango


Total Weight Gain: –6!! That means I gained 5 lbs!
Sleep: Eh… Let’s not talk about sleep right now, hm?
Symptoms: Seriously I did not think I would be this sore so soon!! Ouch!!!
Cravings: Meh. Potato stuff as usual.
Gender: Girl!
Movement: She never stops!
Maternity Clothes: I same as before! Leggings and dresses are my bff’s, but I have also still been wearing some of my pre-pregnancy jeans. Actually they are loose. Awesome… I occasionally wear maternity pants but there’s no real need right now.
Best Moments This Week: We had a doctor’s appointment and everything looked good.
What I’m Looking Forward To: Next week means viability!
Milestones: None?

Well, unless you count that we have unofficially {meaning next time we are in the office we will get everything officially set up} picked a date for our c-section! March 22nd is the day, so mark your calendar! Unless something else happens, Lord willing nothing will!, that is Baby C’s birthday.

And I’m feeling pretty okay about it. I’ve had a lot of emotional stress leading up to this point but I think putting a date on it will really help me cope with everything I’m feeling.

---------------------

In other news, I know a lot of my FB friends already know this. Last night Benjamin was taken to the ER for the first time. He was struggling to take a breath here at home and although we had an appointment set up for him the next morning, we decided it wasn’t worth risking the night so Carl took him in. He went in around 9pm I think. Anyway, around midnight, they admitted him to stay overnight and Carl was permitted to run home and get a few things. I came with him this time to be with Benjamin.

The diagnosis isn’t completely certain at this point just because we don’t know what’s really caused it. Right now, they are saying he had bronchial spasms {a bi-product of bronchitis, which some of you know isn’t an uncommon thing for Benjamin}. Asthma keeps coming up in conversation. Once they get him under control {nebulizer, IV}, they will talk to us about how we can prevent this. He could have breathing treatments daily.

facebook_-1920135260

It’s really frightening  because it came up out of nowhere. It has really made me aware of the fact that we need to be extra careful with Benjamin when it comes to his allergies and the reactions they could cause.

I’m at home now, because I only got 45 minutes of sleep last night and started to feel extremely ill – probably exhaustion and a bit of dehydration – so a friend took me home. It’s really difficult being away from my baby. I won’t be going back up to the hospital because right now, I need to take care of myself so I can take care of the baby. Carl is with Benjamin and won’t leave him.

Please keep us all in your prayers. It’s so stressful and emotional and my sweet boy is exhausted and wants to come home.

To our friends who have stopped by to visit him or who have offered to help – I am so thankful for you. You will never know just how much. We are so blessed!

Thanks for praying, everyone. Hopefully we’ll have a good update for you soon.

IMAG0281

4 comments:

  1. March 22nd? Congratulations! Though slightly disappointed it isn't March 29th. ;) My grandmother's birthday, which would've been cool, haha.

    I'm keeping Ben and you and Carl in my thoughts. Hope he comes home soon and you can get some rest. I know it's rough and I'm thinking of you, lovely. <3 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, March 29th is also my cousin's birthday. But they normally schedule Caesarians before the due date because it would be a lot harder on me if I went into labor and then had a c-section. I wish I didn't have to have one but it's what's best and I'm sucking it up! Lol.

      Thanks so much, Paige. I really really appreciate it. I know everything will be okay. It's just really hard. Thank you <33

      Delete
  2. c-section??? Oh, my! Will be praying for you and sweet baby C!

    And Ben, poor little thing! Praying for him also!...and might as well pray for Carl, too! Haha! Seriously though, Steven and I will keep y'all in our prayers! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, unfortunately my last birth experience set the stage for all to follow! C-section happens to be the safest route for us. I was sooo not happy about it at first but I think it's best. Thank you for your prayers!

      And for praying for Ben and Carl too! We really appreciate it!!

      Delete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!