11.17.2012

Nursery Plans…

Decorating is something that I find somewhat of a daunting task when it comes to building up a whole room. When I began to think about how we were going to do this baby’s room, the first thing I decided right off the bat was that I didn’t want a “theme”. Certainly it would have been “easier” to go and buy a crib set and then all the other things that came in the collection, but that gets pricey. I wanted to build it around colors that I liked and add in things from there.

Of course, pinterest was the first place I started looking. Even that gets overwhelming at best. Another thing I knew was that I wanted to do most of it by hand, as much as possible, without breaking the bank. Of course, spending money on fabric for window treatments and a crib skirt seemed much, but when you think that most crib sets cost close to or more than $100… or just crib skirts alone that are not cheap-looking cost around $20-$35, and drapes can be like $20 per panel… doing it by hand and spending $40 on fabric isn’t as bad as all that.

{I’m reassuring myself, here…}

So initially, I went into Hobby Lobby looking for aqua, orange, and coral. But would you know that the designers couldn’t read my mind in advance? Thanks guys. ;) Well, the one print I had found on the internet that I liked was there, and once I had that, we began to build the rest of the scheme around it.

Here’s what we ended up with:

12874_490364144337556_275880903_n

The aqua-colored pattern was the one that I had gone in looking specifically for. Not a whole lot of the floral pattern is shown, but if you look hard enough, you can see the orange in there – it was important to bring in that orange. I didn’t want an overwhelming amount of pink – most who know me know that I’m not incredibly girly, so pink really isn’t what I wanted the main color to be.

The curtains will be made out of the floral pattern with a block of the aqua scroll pattern at the bottom. I will also {hopefully} have a pennant valance with the three patterns across the top.

Here’s the vision… laugh away, I am terribad at drawing!

window

Uh… hopefully it turns out a lot nicer than my drawing.

The “oriental” pattern {I think that’s what it was called} will be the main fabric for the crib skirt.

Anyway, that’s the plan as we know it… I know it’s terribly interesting. :) I will show you more as we get more done on the room!

1 comment:

  1. I need to give you AutoCAD lessons...but first you need to buy it for me.  It's only around $200 for the new student version. lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!