Can I complain a little? I mean, am I allowed to without people thinking I’m being petty? I know that I am very blessed to have this little life growing in me, and I am ever thankful to God for her! But this child will not move up. I have never felt so uncomfortable! Mamas to girls – did your girls ever just sit so low the entire time?? I carried Benjamin high, but this lil miss is just hanging out super low. Sitting is uncomfortable, I waddle when I walk, and I visit the bathroom every 30 minutes.
There. There’s my complaint. :) Thanks for indulging me, friends. Now, back to your normally scheduled week update…
Wow, Kristen, you’re really showing! You must be finally getting that bump and gaining that weight! Right?? Wrong. Well, halfway. That bump is encouraged by my maternity pants, which I don’t actually need to wear right now but I was trying a pair on and decided it was too much work to change out of them before evening services. So there we have it. But there is a bump there… unfortunately to the people who like to pat bellies and talk to the lil baby in there, the bump isn’t a baby hanging out there. As I already said, she is much too low. That’s a result of all of my organs being shoved upward and my muscles no longer able to suck it all in.
So, tummy patters, you will literally just be patting tummy when you go for this bump. Sorry!
How Far Along: 19 Weeks
Size of Baby: A 19 week baby is about the size of a large heirloom tomato.
Total Weight Gain: –10. I know I should be gaining more… so I’m a little concerned about this. This means that I have only gained back 1lb that I lost during those three months of being sick constantly. Tips on gaining weight, mamas?
Sleep: Getting better, and thanks to my sweet husband, I am able to nap better during the day because he got me some of those Eclipse window treatments that blocks out the afternoon sun when it is coming in full blast during my nap time!
Symptoms: Hypotension, still a bit of nausea, but that is mostly when I am silly and have a sweet, I’m still moody, but that’s about it.
Cravings: Zaxby’s. Always Zaxby’s. And potatoes… like baked potatoes…
Gender: Girl!
Movement: Feeling a good bit.
Maternity Clothes: I same as before! Leggings and dresses are my bff’s, but I have also still been wearing some of my pre-pregnancy jeans. Actually they are loose. Awesome… I occasionally wear maternity pants but there’s no real need right now.
Best Moments This Week: My birthday was Friday and my parents came down for the weekend. It was awesome!
What I’m Looking Forward To: Hmm, I can’t think of anything going on this week... Except for the fact that when this week is over, we’ll be halfway through with the pregnancy! Woohoo!
Milestones: Almost halfway through!
You are so silly! If anyone makes you feel bad for complaining, you just tell them to come see me! LOL YES, girls love to hang out on that bladder!! I am going to bust out laughing the next time I see one of those ladies pat your belly!!!! People are just gonna have to think I am crazy as I'm on the other side of the room just busting out laughing!! Love you girl!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt totally weirds me out when people touch my gut. Because that's what it is. Gut. Not baby. Gut. LOL
Deleteyou have my permission to complain. also, don't worry about the weight gain! just eat normal and healthy and you'll pack on plenty. I lost weight from the sickness and didn't gain any until the last few weeks...and ended up gaining more than I wanted to. Doctor kept telling me it was all good and completely normal.
ReplyDeleteThanks girl! I have to remind myself that the baby is getting what she needs. <3
DeleteIn my experience, I don't know that it's a difference between boys and girls, but rather second pregnancy. I carried Lily up high but with both boys (my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies) I carried right on the bladder! :-/ So uncomfortable! Have you done pelvic rocks on your hands and knees or inversions to get the baby to move up a little? I did a lot of those with my boys - it temporarily helped.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about those!! I'll have to try it to see if I can move her up a bit. It gets so uncomfortable!!
DeletePS - you look adorable!!! I'm so glad your parents were able to come for your birthday! So fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks girl!
Delete