Dear Sweet Baby,
Tomorrow we will be halfway through this pregnancy. I feel like the past twenty weeks have simultaneously flown by and crawled by, depending on what we were going through at the time. It is kind of funny to think that whatever I happened to be going through, you have gone right along with me even if you had no idea what was going on either. You, in your safe, warm little place, confined and secure and being formed just the way God has decided to make you.
I have begun to wonder what you’ll look like when you get here… I wonder if you’ll have blonde hair like your big brother {how I love saying that!}, or maybe if you’ll have brown hair like your daddy. I wonder if you’ll have blue eyes like your big brother and your daddy, or if you’ll have skinny little green eyes like me. I think you’ll be smaller than your big brother was, but maybe a little chunkier at birth and I just can’t wait to see your sweet baby rolls if you do have them.
You probably will never know just how much mommy and daddy prayed for you before we knew that you were here and growing. We waited so long to be able to say that Benjamin was going to be a big brother, for many different reasons. I waited so long to be so sick those first few months, but I know that no matter how sick I have felt, how tired I am, how sore I am becoming… you are worth so much more.
Your big brother prays for you every night before bed to let God know that he is thankful for you, and he asks about you a lot. He can’t wait to meet you – like the rest of us – and asks every day if today is the day. We are all very anxious to hold and kiss you and to have you here in our arms, but we don’t want that day to come too soon, so for now we love that you are nestled safe inside to peacefully grow.
Keep growing, sweet baby C! We cannot wait to meet you!
Love,
Mommy