10.15.2008

an over-due update!

I'm so neglectful. I'm so sorry! But I have good reasons, or so I think anyway! Just bear with me!

Ohkay so you know that job I was talking about? Well, we finally got a contract! It didn't have everything we needed, so Carl submitted some of his input and hopefully by this weekend they will have everything sorted out so we can put pen to paper and get this show on the road! This weekend we are traveling down to Fort Valley, and maybe we'll have time to look around at houses or apartments to rent. They want us to start November 1st, so! Things really are moving along!

Last Thursday was my last Doctor's appointment. Dr. Lowe said that everything looked good, my blood pressure is up (THANKFULLY!), and he could tell I have been getting enough water. Good thing, too, seeing as I should be considered a fish from all the water I consume. Anyway, we go back next Thursday for the gestational diabetes test. There was a girl in the office last time we were there who was having hers done, and she seemed to enjoy the orange glucose drink. That's good! I was afraid it'd taste like... Motrin or whatever that orange medicine my mom always gave me is called.

Benjamin has found a favorite place on my side where he likes to kick. And yeah, it hurts. It also makes it hard for me to breathe sometimes if I'm sitting. So the other night I tried to push him over in hopes that he would move away, and he must take after his daddy, because he just kicked my hand like, "Um, I'm here, and I ain't moving!" He's getting so big, and remains VERY active, especially at the end of the day when Carl reads to him. He gets really excited, I guess?

Here are a few recent photos:

Our little family! :)



26 weeks!


26 weeks, 5 days


my handsome husband, who is so proud of his facial hair, haha!

Can't take him anywhere and have him behave! ;)


And that's all for now. I still haven't gotten totally used to uploading these pictures. If I find anything else to share, I'll upload it tomorrow! Oh, we get a bunch of stuff from Julie for Benjamin tomorrow, that's being stored at Truth for the World! I am so excited!

Time for me to start getting ready for the gospel meeting tonight!

Hope everyone's having a great week! Love you all!

- Kristen

edit// CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!? Less than 100 days till Benjamin is supposed to get here! 91 days! WOW! I knew it was 3 months, but.... I mean... WOW!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, such a good name for a little boy (are you going to call him Benji..lol). I can't believe you are going to be a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Carl has called him Benjy a couple times. Normally I call him Benjamin or sometimes Ben, but Benjy is good too. I'm not hot on Benny, though! But, his full name is Carl Benjamin. :) Carl's middle name is Michael, so he's not a Jr.

    I can't believe it either! I'm really excited but somewhat nervous, too!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!