10.23.2008

a quick one.

I was tagged, and so I will do this!

4 Things I Did Today:
Cried because I couldn't drink orange juice (because of my diabetes screening).
Went to the Dr and had my orange glucose drink.
Had blood drawn (and this time she didn't mess up my arm!).
Said, "Happy Anniversary!" to my parents before they left for Helen.


4 Things On My To Do List:
Eat lunch.
Get rabbit food for Davey.
Call mom and tell her about the low-lying placenta thing... ugh.
Continue packing some of the stuff in our room.

4 Guilty Pleasures:
Cheerwine (cherry soda) - guilty because it's caffeinated.
Castle Crashers.
Pumpkin Spice Frappes from Starbucks.
Ice cream with bananas.

4 Random Facts About Me:
I cry for no reason sometimes (yay pregnancy).
I love football, college and pro.
If I were to get a job on the side somehow (which is doubtful), I'd like to be a photographer, or a writer.
I have very, very strange dreams.

--

Went to the doctor today. Had my orange glucose drink, which tasted like highly concentrated orange soda. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was still nasty. Sat in the room for a long time before Dr. Lowe came in, and he informed me that my last ultrasound (at 24 weeks) showed that I have (had?) a low-lying placenta. The reason I guess we're just now finding this out is because their computers were down last time. Anyway, if it hasn't corrected itself (which Dr. Lowe is confident it has), it could result in bleeding and/or pre-term labor. So we're gonna have to watch out for that. I need a repeat ultrasound in a few weeks to check on that.

The thing is, I have to call and make an appointment with the doctors down near Fort Valley, because we can't possibly drive two and a half hours for a dr. visit.

Everything else looked good, and I had my blood drawn. Now I'm just hungry and feeling groggy-headed.

There's a small update on the job stuff but right now I need to eat. I'll tell you later.

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Ahh no orange juice.. I will keep you in my prayers and keep yourself well..

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!