Stomach, back, and ribs are currently aching. I'm thinking this is a welcome gift from the third trimester. Benjamin's not giving me a lot of room to expand my lungs... well, at least he's not hanging out with them under my ribcage (hopefully he will never get up that high!). So far, he's been hanging out pretty low and when he does stretch out, it's usually from side to side. And yeah, he hits that one spot that he has found a liking to kick, which hurts like crazy! I say he must take after his daddy because he seems to like to get me there a whole lot. And I'll go "oowwww Ben!!" and he'll just kick again. Carl suggested that perhaps he likes my reaction. Maybe if I made a silent "ow", he'd lay off? Who knows...
I hate to seem like the only thing I can do is complain. Really, it's not that bad. After long days, it can be a bit tiring, but all-in-all, I know that the end result will surpass all of this by miles and miles. 12 weeks doesn't seem like it's too far off... can you believe that, if Benjamin doesn't come early and doesn't come late, we will have a brand new baby boy so soon??! Carl has predicted that he will come early. I think he'll come more around the due date. Or maybe I'm just hoping so.
I need to go on a walk. The doctor said it was very good for me to go walking in the evening, and we haven't had the chance to go lately because we've been so busy. Hopefully this evening we'll get out and hit the pavement. Hopefully by then it won't hurt to move so much.
The apartment search... it's actually not so bad. We're waiting to get in touch with the folks down at Fort Valley to see if we can't get an advance in pay (and if I'm repeating myself from previous posts, I apologize... my memory really isn't what it used to be, and it never was exceptional to begin with). If we can get an advance, then there's a pretty good chance that we'll be able to be in our own apartment to begin with! I am so excited about the prospect, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I know things happen and sometimes they don't work out the way we prefer. Gotta just go with the flow, and that's what I plan to do.
I'm getting hot just sitting here (the sun is beating down on me and dinner is cooking), and I'm starting to drool from the smell of dinner... mmmm can't wait... good thing about pregnancy: you can be a pig and nobody cares to stop you, or has the guts to do it anyway! Haha! The other night at a youth devo I made Carl go get me a piece of cake because I didn't want to seem like a fat pig going in for a second piece. In the words of Popeye the Sailor: "I yam what I yam!"
Love,
Kristen
How are you really?
2 months ago