12.10.2010

cotton balls, traveling, and my sweet boy

Welcome to the weekend! I’m pooped! I spent a lot of the day packing up stuff for the weekend. We are heading off on another tryout this weekend, this time in Alabama, a little closer to home which is fantastic! I am looking forward to seeing friends that we haven’t seen since March and also making new friends and meeting more of God’s family! What a blessing it is to have people throughout the country and world that are your family even if you have never met them… God’s family is amazing!

I am not really looking forward to the super long drive, which is not super long but long enough to feel super long I am sure. It’s five and a half hours. Soooo not fun. But, I’m going to look at the bigger picture… or at least try to! hehe.

Today I also went to the church building with my mom and we decorated our classroom (she teaches Sundays and I teach Wednesdays). I am just gonna say that I would be happy if I never saw another cotton ball in my life.

attendance

Yep. That took a long time… and my hand was raw from the stapler… but ANYway, all complaining aside, how CUTE is that?! The stickers that go on those sweet little penguins are pretty cute too. They are sparkly snowflakes and who doesn’t like that?!

snowflakes

I also stood on a stepladder and hung up a dozen (or less?) of these snowflakes from hooks on the ceiling. If you know me and know how injury prone I am, you know that this probably was a disaster waiting to happen, but guess what? I did not fall off. I know, I was shocked too!

heroes

And my mom did that one. She is such a great teacher and I love working with her (we did VBS together and I loved it) because I always learn so much about doing classrooms and visual aids and everything like that.

Anyway, that was most of my day. The rest of it was Benjamin being super grumpy because he didn’t get a good nap in. We laid him down for bed around 7:30, which is early for him, and he woke up around 9. I guess he got that nap in! ha! Anyway at 10:15 we told him it was time for bed and he protested until Carl told him, “You need to go to sleep so you can see Reagan tomorrow!” and Benjamin immediately stopped the chorus of “no” and said, “Okay!” and went right to bed. We thought that was funny! :)

DSC08629

I love this boy!

DSC08571

I hope y’all have a great weekend!

blog comments powered by Disqus