1.28.2011

Catch a falling star…

There are moments in these adventures of bringing up Benjamin where I really wish I had my camera with me. Those precious, fleeting moments that you watch go by in the blink of an eye, and you wish you had your camera just to capture it to keep it forever. Sometimes the moments are just so much easier explained or retold when you have pictures to go along with your words. Well, today I had my camera during one of those moments. It was a moment of sheer curiosity and pure innocence… the beauty of childhood, the sincerity of a two-year-old’s mind… It stole my heart.

SONY DSC

Can’t you just see it starting? He look on his face like “Wow…” The way he’s reaching out like he’s amazed and unsure at the same time.

SONY DSC

He stretched his hand out like he was actually holding sunlight, and he was still amazed.

SONY DSC

He was talking as he did this. He was saying “Oooh, pretty!” and “Stars!”

SONY DSC

That’s right. My sweet, darling boy thought that the specks of dust, positively shining in the stream of sunlight, were tiny stars.

SONY DSC

So, today, Benjamin was catching stars in our living room.

SONY DSC

And I am so glad I had my camera.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. That is so precious! And your pictures are... perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's just sweeter than a honeycomb in a cotton candy factory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Maybe he'll keep thinking they are stars and when he gets older you can convince him to wipe them all off the furniture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely PRECIOUS post! I love his expressions!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!